Just got a new Taurus 605

This is a discussion on Just got a new Taurus 605 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...Can't wait to get to the range to put some rounds through it. I love the size and the caliber. I traded my S&W 639 ...

Thread: Just got a new Taurus 605

Just got a new Taurus 605

...Can't wait to get to the range to put some rounds through it. I love the size and the caliber. I traded my S&W 639 for it and got a little cash back. Used the cash to buy a Bianci IWB holster.

The S&W got too heavy after a few hours carrying. I am looking forward to carrying the Taurus.

I also never knew they have a lifetime warranty - even if you buy a used one.
    Last edited by 1SGCasey; February 24th, 2008 at 09:32 PM. Reason: spelling
    Nill illigitimi carborundum
    -----------------------------
    Captain von Trapp: If the Nazis take over Austria, I have no doubt, Herr Zeller, that you will be the entire trumpet section.
    Herr Zeller: You flatter me, Captain.
    Captain von Trapp: Oh, how clumsy of me - I meant to accuse you.

2. Remove Ads

Congratulations on your new pistol! Coming out with enough jack for the holster is a real plus in my book. I have a new pistol that I'll be taking to the range Tuesday. Good luck with it---sounds like you'll be happy. Be safe.

Yes , please post up a range report. I'd like to see how a Smith fairs against a Taurus. I've been thinking about a Taurus .357 snubbie for a while. I just hate putting wear on my Smiths, kind of want a gun I can beat up and still be reliable and accurate. Does it fit in a standard J-frame holster?

Just heads up, I have a 605 also. Watch the cylinder catch on the bottom of the frame, after 20 rounds of shooting mine fell off and the cylinder would free spin. It took taurus 2 months to get it back to me.

Second case, my cylinder literally just fell out the gun.

Third case, a close friend of mine bought a single action taurus revolver, 2 rounds through it and it wouldn't half cock.

fourth case, buddy bought the judge and his cylinder catch fell off before he could even shoot it.

I've lost all respect for taurus guns at this point seeing as that this all took place in a year.

-Alex
    -Never insult a man you are not prepared to fight, and never fight a man you are not prepared to kill.

Had a 651 for about 2 years. Don't shoot it a lot now but put several hundred 38s and maybe 100+ 357s with no problems. It's a handful with any 357s except for Rem. 125 GS mid load. Amazingly accurate/sighted dead on with Rem. 158LHP+P. Don't think it would hold up to a lot of 357s but neither would I.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwebel View Post
    Does it fit in a standard J-frame holster?
    The models listed on the package include the "similar J frame models"
    Nill illigitimi carborundum
    -----------------------------
    Captain von Trapp: If the Nazis take over Austria, I have no doubt, Herr Zeller, that you will be the entire trumpet section.
    Herr Zeller: You flatter me, Captain.
    Captain von Trapp: Oh, how clumsy of me - I meant to accuse you.

Senior Moderator
    I have a 605 and Love it.

I've put about 1600 rounds of 38+p and about 100 .357 through it. Lock Tite the screws or you will have problems of them loosing with recoil over time.

They fit standard J frome holsters

I have three Taurus's and never had a problem with any of them. I shoot a Taurus PT92 in IDPA, a couple of the guys in my club shoot Taurus's as well. We have never had a problem with them.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I have a Stainless 605. After my Dry fire Break-in the trigger is excellent. I took it out my Friends land in S. Ohio and put about 300 to 400 hundred rounds threw it so far. It shoots 125g. jhp 357 ammo to point of aim out to 70 feet. I haven't shot it at a greater distance yet.
    It's a 2 inch so I don't see why I would. We were shooting at Clay Pigeons 50 feet away (stationary). I hit them with carefull aiming and when I missed it was not by much. I haven't tried 38spl. yet. It handles 357 Reloads well so thats all I shoot. I didn't like the stock grip so I put the Taurus Combat Grip on. It's a little longer and narrower. It's in my back pocket as I type this.

Links