Kahr MK40 or MK45

Kahr MK40 or MK45

This is a discussion on Kahr MK40 or MK45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In comparison between these 2 models, would the MK45 be too much gun for such a small frame??? Anyone shot both of these guns?? I ...

View Poll Results: Which MK model would you go with?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • MK40 (.40 S&W)

12 54.55%
  • MK45 (.45 ACP)

10 45.45%

Thread: Kahr MK40 or MK45

Kahr MK40 or MK45

In comparison between these 2 models, would the MK45 be too much gun for such a small frame??? Anyone shot both of these guns?? I would like to here back on both and which one you would choose.

Keep in mind the MK series is the same size as the PM series, just a stainless frame, which is much heavier, thank god!

Also, in terms of recoil, would you go with th 45 over the 40 or vice versa?? I heard that the 45 kicks differently, not as snappy as compared to the 40. I have never shot either, just a 9mm. So for those who

I own a CW40, I love it. It does have a bit of a snap but I don’t see a big difference between the 9MM and the 40.
    I also have a XD 40, and I shoot sometimes a Kimber .45. I don’t see a large difference between them as well. The XD snaps a little where the Kimber (its kind of hard to describe) snaps but has a little more of a push.
    But back to the Kahr, I can shoot it well. Have run some where around 800 rounds with out one hang up. This is the gun I depend on almost 90% of the time. (Bersa .380 the other few times).
    People told me that I had to shoot 100 rounds before it settled in, but I sat around the night before the range and working the action. Gave it a good cleaning and never looked back. I can shoot the clip into the size of my fist at 25 yds. (maybe one flyer) but still with in 4 inches.

Jeebus ... you got me all excited, I thought they finally started making steel pistols in .45acp.

So I voted MK40 since there's no such thing as an MK45 (I'd honestly love to see Kahr make a K45 ... or better yet a K10 ... but I don't think its gonna happen as the poly pistols are significantly cheaper to make)

I know that the MK40 is in the 600. range but the CW40 is in the 340-380 range. All I know is that I love mine. Not sure if there is 200. diff. I would think the MK is a little heavier to carry. I have mine with a Galco Yaqui, I don’t even feel it on.

I have the MK40, its currently my daily carry. The recoil is a bit snappy, but nothing a normal shooter can't handle. I fired the polymer version as well and find the extra weight of the stainless helps with recoil. I didn't know Kahr made an MK45. I know they make a CW45, a TP45, a KP45 and a PM45. Are you sure you saw an MK45? If so I wouldn't want to shoot a 45 out of a gun the size of the MK. Thats gotta be some recoil. If they really do have an MK45, I would go with the MK40 anyway. Its a fabulous pistol. Easy to shoot, easy to conceal, nice weight.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

I haven't looked but I don't think they are making the MK in .45 yet.
    It might not be a bad idea though as I really don't think it would have anymore kick than the .40. I might be just 5+1 though.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

OOPS!! Kahr does not make an MK45. I just assumed they did becuase they do make a PM45. I don't understand why they would make a PM (polymer micro) and not a stainless??

Oh well, sorry everyone. May bad.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    what I don't get is why they don't make a K45! Now that would be one sweet pistol!!!!!

It seems as if Kahr has been moving away from making new metal framed handguns. All of their recent developments have been in the polymer category.

Quote Originally Posted by ellerblr View Post
    It seems as if Kahr has been moving away from making new metal framed handguns. All of their recent developments have been in the polymer category.
    $$$

They're moving into entry-level guns, hence the addition of the CW line. They aren't just developing polymer guns, they're developing less expensive polymer guns.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Sponsored Links