Defensive Carry banner

Need grips for colt officers model?

5K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Mainspring 
#1 ·
I need grips for a colt officers model but need a pair thats preferably wood and that covers the gun's plunger tube as much as possible. Does anyone here know of a place that makes colt officers model grips like this? I ask here as alot of grips for 1911's these days don't have this feature. thanks for any help guys.

#4 ·
I got some Red Cocobola grips for my Ultra CDP from Fusion Firearms. Damn good price and excellent quality. Mine were also slim and smooth model, but that have checkered as well. Very pleased with them. And they have them for all 1911's.

#9 ·
My experience has been the same as well. If standard-width grips are acceptable, Hogue grips for an Officer's Model do as well as many others listed here. I have a slim pair for an Officer's Model frame (Colt CCO) from Wood Grips referenced earlier--great grips, but they do not cover the plunger tube.

#11 ·
John Browning designed the stocks in that configuration in case the plunger tube would loosen, the lip on the stock panel will hold the plunger tube in place until it can be tighten.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.