Just finished another HP. New finish

This is a discussion on Just finished another HP. New finish within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Somebody around here got a nice HP!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just finished another HP. New finish

kpw
    Somebody around here got a nice HP!

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    Somebody around here got a nice HP!
    I'll give you a hint, the somebody has a screen name consisting of two letters, and starts with a "J" and likes ridiculous smilies......

Great HP

JD,

Congrats, I wanted the pistol and could not come up with the money. I know this pistol will become a favorite. Plus great news about your family.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I'll give you a hint, the somebody has a screen name consisting of two letters, and starts with a "J" and likes ridiculous smilies......

I was kinda thinkin that way. Hope you post more pics and a review soon. I'm getting kinda fond of HPs lately. Congrats!

Nothing like a BHP!!!!!!

Jess,

That's a great looking HP.

Any chance you could update your webpage from time to time so that we can see what else you have going on and what might be for sale?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    I was kinda thinkin that way. Hope you post more pics and a review soon. I'm getting kinda fond of HPs lately. Congrats!
    I'll post more when I get it.

I can't wait. I've been wanting a Hi Power for a while now, but I was having a hard time finding one with the options I wanted.

Then this thread came along.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar

Thumbs up

JD, You have alot of envious folks out here. Ontarget has built you one FINE looking BHP. Please post a range report when you can please. Congrats to both of you!

Roger
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

JD
    Administrator
    The gun came in today.

Range day is Sunday, I've been toting the HP around the house in one of my 1911 holsters.

More pics and a range report are definitely in order.

All I can say right now is that if this thing shoots half as good as it looks, it's definitely going to give my Les Baer a run for it's money for 1st place in the carry line up.

Fit and finish are excellent, the stippling is incredible, I used to consider my self a snob for liking checkering, but after gripping this baby, I'm even more tainted.

This gun has a certain understated elegance, that you just can't see in the pictures, and although there is some very fine detail, it still looks totally utilitarian from a distance.

kpw
    Sounds great...will be looking for the pics!

Range report

JD,

Have you taken the new HP to the range? I am really looking forward to your range report! Anxious in Oklahoma.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RKirk View Post
    JD,

Have you taken the new HP to the range? I am really looking forward to your range report! Anxious in Oklahoma.

-- Richard
    We had one trip to the range, but we had a little set back, the front sight was shifting a little bit, so the slide went back to OnTarget, I should have it back around the middle of next week.

Even as the sight was shifting, the groups were still tight, just not where they were supposed to be. The HP fed FMJ and Speer 147 Gold Dots without a hiccup. I only had a small amount (6) of 135gr Hydra Shocks, and those seemed to hang up, I'll be running some 124gr +P HSTs through it next week and see how the HP digests them. And I'll probably run some more 135gr Hydra Shocks through the gun. I need to hit a gun show and get some 147gr HSTs for further testing along side the rest of my rounds, as I'd like to go with the 147 HST as my standard carry ammunition. I'd also like to get some Win. RangerT for testing as well, so much ammo, so little time...

Thus far contact with Jess has been 100% and I wouldn't hesitate sending any of my 1911s out for work. If I could stop buying guns for a while and actually set a side some funds, I'd love to send my Springer out for some upgrades.

I promise, more pics to come after the next range trip.

I'm late to the thread, but congrats on a nice looking pistol.

HP Range Report

JD,

Thanks for the quick reply. Very glad to hear Jess is first rate.

-- Richard

I am a bit behind in the work queue and communication right now. Thanks for the kind words. And you are right, I need to update the website. Probably the best thing to do would be to link off the site to my photobucket webpage. There are dozens of pics there of the work I have done.

With the health issues now solved and my (ahem) divorce settled, the shop should be back to full speed soon. I have a lot of patient customers that have been waiting longer than they should for their complete builds and I have not taken any new work until these are out the door BUT I still have time for workovers. This would include bobtails and HPs. I am just backing away from complete customs until I get the decks a bit more clear. The best thing to do is just email or call for an estimate. Thanks again for all of the kind support. You guys are the best.

Jess
    "Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property" Luke 11:21ontarget1911@gmail.com
    OnTarget LLC Custom Gunworks
    http://www.ontargetcgw.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links