Shortening the list of excuses against Glock

This is a discussion on Shortening the list of excuses against Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm failing to see how that gadget improves on the pistol in any way....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shortening the list of excuses against Glock

Administrator
    I'm failing to see how that gadget improves on the pistol in any way.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'm failing to see how that gadget improves on the pistol in any way.
    That's because it doesn't improve anything.

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    glock are fine, and for those who need safites this trigger saftey device isn't for you because it is more dangerous than not having one IMHO. Having to go anywhere near the trigger to activate/deactivate a saftey is bad news.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Just my thougts...

I carry Glock in G26, G19, and recently G30 models. I would never put that manual saftey thing on my pistol. I also do not want a manual safety on any carry piece that doesn't need it (like a 1911).

So, when it's not Glock, I carry a S&W Mod-60 in .357. I use good holsters and keep my finger of the trigger until I'm going to practice on a target I'm willing to destroy.

I think Glock should be commended for giving us an excellent combat pistol. So far, they don't sport stupid locks, unnecessary safeties, and dumb lawyer banners. But, I'm sure its all coming. I think they have a dumb lawyer lock available as an option, and I saw a picture of a factory installed manual saftey for some police force once (yuk).

So, even if you don't like them Glocks, go get one, and Hillary or Obama will make it 10 times more valuable on the used market in a few years.

Finally - Hey Dutch haters...

I am from Austria isn't that weird.

Nope. Just won't do.

I'm not a Glock person but it's unique design is its reason for being. If one has to add a safety to gain a comfort level with the Glock then he might as well go for the 1911, carried in "condition one" so he can at least have a REAL trigger.

As others have said, poking around at the trigger to release a safety is a daft idea.

Hmmm, it seems to me, that the most "perfect" thing about the Glock is the original trigger/safety release. If anything, that is one of its biggest assets! Why add a manual safety and make one more hinderance in a self-defensive posture for firing the weapon? If there ever was a time where the, "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" maxim comes into play...it's here.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Not a glock guy here , but rather than install that i would go for the full house 1911 style safety that is being offered ( no i dont have a link offhand ) by some if i felt the need for a safety on a glock .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    i'll keep my glock 17,26 just the way they are thanks.

I don't own a Glock either, but let me play devil's advocate here. Glock already has a safety on the trigger, which this additional safety leverages. Since the pistol won't discharge without BOTH safeties disengaged, I don't see how it makes it any more dangerous by being on the trigger. I'm sure with practice disengaging this safety with the trigger finger would be trivial. Sure beats a "GlockBlock" or other such trigger blocking device.

yours/
    peter.

Yet another hardware solution to a training problem, IMHO.
    Sarhog
    NRA Life Member
    Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters Member
    Sarhog's gallery

Quote Originally Posted by sarhog View Post
    Yet another hardware solution to a training problem, IMHO.
    exactly!

I think this is a dumb idea...not only is it another part that can fail, but it requires you to fiddle around with the trigger before you're ready to fire (which is my reason for not liking the Safe-T-Blok either).
    AFAIC, the only time you should be touching the trigger is when you're pressing it to make the gun go BANG!.

If you have to have a manual safety, buy something else.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Pointless product. When you buy into the Glock you should be familiar and accept the way it was designed. If that does not agree with you then you should not get a glock.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links