Ruger LCP Video review (MERGED) - Page 4

Ruger LCP Video review (MERGED)

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP Video review (MERGED) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GA1911 Well I don't know you personally, but when I did my reliability run of 200 rounds with my P3AT I had ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Video review (MERGED)

Quote Originally Posted by GA1911 View Post
    Well I don't know you personally, but when I did my reliability run of 200 rounds with my P3AT I had only two FTE's and have complete confidence in this pistol. I shoot it fairly regularly just to stay proficient and it runs great. I probably have close to 1000 rounds through it, so two out of a 1000 ain't bad in my book.
    Recently I read an article where 12,000 rounds had been run through the Ruger SR9 with -0- failures. After 2,000 rounds on my Ruger P95 I have had no failures.
    If tests on the LCP are equivalent, the P3AT will be toast. Also, a failure to fire or a jam on any pistol is disconterting, and it always takes a little time for one to re-build one's confidence in the pistol after such a failure.

Ruger LCP Review (Began shipping TODAY! 02.29.08)

Check out a great review at Ruger’s New LCP Lightweight .380 Pocket Pistol

My baby is on the way!!! Her name is "Elsea Pea"!

sweet lil' gun sure to give kel-tec a run for their money, ruger makes quality stuff, i'm sure there will be one in my pocket in the future
    If guns kill people then Spoons made Rosie O'donnell Fat & pencils mispell words.

'Where online or in the St. Louis area can I order/preorder the Ruger LCP? On a related issue, Bass Pro Shops will not carry anything with less than a 3 1/2 inch barrel (I was told today). Doesn't seem like they support the right to carry. She told me they only carry sporting weapons. If anyone knows different, I would like to hear. If not, Cabelas is looking better all the time. Also, do you know the best place to order a Beretta PX4 SC when it finally is available?

Quote Originally Posted by Schwebel View Post
    So what is the advantage of a LCP over a P3at?
    Right now, none. If specs are true it's heavier by 12% (22% fir my 1st Gen AT's 7.6oz). Not to mention the fact that one here has fired one but, they are ouber reliable because they are made by Ruger (Not a company known for compact pistols, mind you). It will be interesting to read the range reports when they hit the shelves. Weight alone takes the Ruger off my list.
    JMHO.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

That review from gunblast.com posted up above is a pretty good article. I might be getting one as my first carry gun and that mini-ammo review with it was very informative.

Ruger LCP, the local shop has them promised March 17... My name is on one...
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

i also paid for one friday,, 289$ out the door. they said approx. may 1st delivery,, he also said that kel=tec had sued ruger over design,, ruger had to change 16 parts,,, this probably ain't gospel,,just what my gunshop owner said. this pistol ,hopefully, will have the famous ruger reliability, i also have a p32 that has absolutlely no reliability problems that i carry on my motorcycle,,,want a little more bang...i agree with you guys too,,ruger will knock a hole in kel-tec's sales. if you read the kel-tec forums though, they love them, and have found them to be really reliable,,i would'nt hesitate to buy a .380, based on my .32.

I will be getting one. My Kel-tec would drop the magazine to the floor everytime I shot it. Needless to say I traded it in pretty fast. I didnt even think it was worth the hassle of sending it in for a repair. This Ruger may fit my need for a pocket gun!!

Plus, I have never owned a Ruger.
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Is it just me or did anybody notice that in the video, the slide never locked back?

Quote Originally Posted by skippythenurse View Post
    Is it just me or did anybody notice that in the video, the slide never locked back?
    It's manual. You initiate it after pulling the slide back.

I prefer an auto that "locks back" on the last round so I can have an easily identifiable "metric" of "it's time to replace your magazine" and that's why I like the KT P32.

Not only that but the relative "kick" from such a small platform is not something I would look forward to. The Bersa is about the smallest I would do the .380.

In a real gun fight... you already have a lot of other "issues" to worry about so why add handling something that is so small that you may have issues with placing multiple shots in a reasonably tight pattern.

At a gun shop I frequent ... they have LOTS of Glock 27 for the same reason

People "think" they can handle a .40 in such a small platform and then find out during practice that they don't like it. I would bet they would have had a much better experience by starting on the 23 instead.
    “We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm” - George Orwell

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I will place my order Tuesday. My dealer doesn't have any yet, but he is hoping to get three in the next couple of months. I want one by summer.

I already have the two PPK/S's in 380 and reload all my practice ammo. At least I won't need another set of dies with this one.

Fitch

I just spoke to Joe in Ruger's customer service about recommended ammo. He says the LCP is NOT rated for +P ammo. According to him, every brand they tried in stock power feed perfectly. He recommends either CorBon Powerball or Federal HydraShoks for carry.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

My lust for the gun is embarrassing. I really want one!

Who's gonna be the first to post "I got mine"? They've shipped a bunch already.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links