Ruger LCP Video review (MERGED)

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP Video review (MERGED) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by AZ Husker I just spoke to Joe in Ruger's customer service about recommended ammo. He says the LCP is NOT rated for ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ruger LCP Video review (MERGED)

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I just spoke to Joe in Ruger's customer service about recommended ammo. He says the LCP is NOT rated for +P ammo. According to him, every brand they tried in stock power feed perfectly. He recommends either CorBon Powerball or Federal HydraShoks for carry.
    Well shoot! (no pun intended) I wonder if this means Buffaloe Bore is completely out??
    If Guns cause Crime, then Pencils cause Misspelled words.....

NE CCW
    Nebraska Concealed Carry

2. Remove Ads

Anybody been able to pick one of these up yet.....I am waiting for one to show up locally! Keeping this thread alive!!!
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Anyone picked up an LCP yet?

I have been jumping around on various forums and I have seen people saying that they have picked up the LCP. Has anyone here picked one up yet or know of anyone that has? If so what state are you in?

My dealer in piedmont NC has 8 ordered. Doesn't know when they'll arrive or how many. He says I'm the only one thats asked about 'em and none spoken for, Didn't ask price cause I'm not sure I want another 380?? May change my mind when I see one.

I put myself in line (12 people ahead of me) for an LCP at Kittery Trading Post here in Maine. They claim they will get them in fast (not sure I believe him but we'll see).

I will let you you when It arrives.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

~Benjamin Franklin

I have 100 of them on order. One of my distributors called me yesterday, to tell me he was sending me.... ONE. It will arrive at the shop sometime today, along with an MSAR. Since we're only getting one for now, it won't go out for sale, but we will certainly shoot it today, and I'll post our impressions.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

I recently moved (wife's career, she has her PhD) and haven't found a job in my field yet so I took a job at a gun shop/indoor range (tough duty right). Well the Ruger rep stopped in yesterday……..

Guess what; he had a CLP with him, and we had an empty range, I got to put 12 rounds through it. The one I shot had a pretty good trigger, shot dead on to the sights, the recoil is pretty sharp in a little gun like that but wasn’t bad. All together we put close to 50 rounds through it (FMJ) and no one had a problem, rep said this little gun can be dry fired so I did a dozen times or so, it really has one of the best triggers I have felt on a little gun like this, not near as heavy as my old Grindel.

I am sure everyone will be very happy with this little piece, I think I need to get one too.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I want one even more now....
    Haha...me 2!!!

“They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I checked my local gun shop, said he should be getting some in real soon. That means tomorrow to me
    Anyhow, I just sold a gun and the cash is in my pocket waiting for one. I even have a bunch of .380 ammo from my POS Kel-Tec from 2 years ago.

I confess wanting one too. I still have a bunch of .380 ammo laying around from when someone stole my Colt stainless govt. model .380. ********! That was a nice concealable weapon that I had had a bunch of custom work done on.

cj
    Well, stopped in two stores today. First had no idea what I was asking about. The other said she already has some on order and seemed somewhat surprised that I wanted my name down on one (small town...I don't think they get that type of request very often!). So, hopefully I might see one in the next couple of weeks.

I might have to put my name on a preorder one.....if they do that around these parts!!

Gentlemen! This is my first post and this particular thread is what encouraged me to join. I picked up my Ruger LCP yesterday! I bought it at a local shop here in Miami called Charlie's Armory. Even though I haven't taken it shooting yet (I AM DYING TO DO SO), I did take some pictures so you can see some of the features. I will post a review from the range as soon as I can put some rounds through it.

Sorry if the pictures aren't that great, my camera isn't so good. Here are some pictures:

My hands aren't very big but here it is in my hand to give you an idea of it's size:

Ruger added a manual slide lock feature which the KelTec didn't have. Here is the LCP with the slide locked open.

It may be a little hard to tell, I'm sorry, the picture isn't all that great but Ruger incorporated a small cut-out to show if there is a bullet in the chamber.

Here's another view of it.

For normal, everyday carry, I am using an Uncle Mike's Pocket Holster (Size 2). Here is how it looks with the holster.

I'm an average size guy and in the pocket of my jeans, it's hard to tell that is a gun in there!

Enjoy guys! Again, as soon as i put some rounds through it I will post another review, but as it is....I LOVE THIS LITTLE GUN!

I bought one yesterday at Bachmans pawn and guns in Dallas for $329.00. Thats the price he had on it and wouldn't budge on it.They are a major gun dealer here in Dallas and he said they ordered 300 and recieved only 5.I got the last one.I went straight to the indoor range I use and proceded to shoot one box of WWB,Fiochi,and one of speer gold dots for a total of 120 rounds fired.I didn't have a single malfunction of any kind,but I do have to say that it has a pretty good kick for such a little gun and it pinched my trigger finger on the trigger guard.Its not what I would call a fun gun to shoot,but for self defense it just disapears in your pocket.I like it.sj

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links