P239??? Pros/cons - Page 2

P239??? Pros/cons

This is a discussion on P239??? Pros/cons within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 2 sig P239's here. I bought the DAK .40 (beautiful gun) with stainless slide and carry it all the time. It fits in my coat ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: P239??? Pros/cons

2 sig P239's here. I bought the DAK .40 (beautiful gun) with stainless slide and carry it all the time. It fits in my coat pockets with an uncle mike pocket holster and fits in my SmartCarry for deep concealment. I also have a 9mm 239 that is DA/SA and use it mainly for target practice. Both are super accurate and I can finally say I have found the dependable CCW guns I've been looking for.

I have the 239 DAK in .357 sig and it is a shootin little beast. The only draw back to this weapon I have found is the amount of muzzle flip with the hot caliber. Its a bit hard to keep my shots in a 5" target at 15+ yards while shooting with any speed. Other than that, I love the gun.

It has recently been retired to the truck for vehicle duty since I got my PPS, size and weight being the only reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The 239 is a great gun, and I would choose the 9mm over 40 or 357 any day.

The only downside is the capacity compared to othe similier sized pistols.
    That's the only down side to me, I gave mine to my ex when we parted ways, and I sleep well at night knowing she has it,
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

I owned and carried a 239 in 9mm for a year or so, but while it was beautiful, it's lack of capacity just stopped making sense to me. I traded it for a Glock 19... roughly the same size, but 15+1 instead of 8+1 made more sense to me, even though I don't love the glock like I did the Sig. But then again, I'm a practical guy.

I'd consider the 239 in .40, it makes more sense in that caliber as far as capacity goes.

Quote Originally Posted by jamz View Post
    I owned and carried a 239 in 9mm for a year or so, but while it was beautiful, it's lack of capacity just stopped making sense to me. I traded it for a Glock 19... roughly the same size, but 15+1 instead of 8+1 made more sense to me, even though I don't love the glock like I did the Sig. But then again, I'm a practical guy.

I'd consider the 239 in .40, it makes more sense in that caliber as far as capacity goes.
    I know you're a practical guy! How are you Jim? glad to see you're still around.........
    The Sig p239 in 40 cal is pretty easy to hide away and comfy to shoot.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I was recently shopping for a new carry gun and Sig was the name I wanted on my pistol.

When I picked up and held the 239, it felt too slim for my liking, but I liked the pistol. Then I picked up the 229 and it was just right. I bought a 229 in 9mm, and what a shooter! Me likey!
    FREEDOM MATTERS!

Quote Originally Posted by PAPACHUCK View Post
    I was recently shopping for a new carry gun and Sig was the name I wanted on my pistol.

When I picked up and held the 239, it felt too slim for my liking, but I liked the pistol. Then I picked up the 229 and it was just right. I bought a 229 in 9mm, and what a shooter! Me likey!
    The answer to that is Hogue Rubber Grips. They sure make the P239 awesome to hold and shoot.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AlongcameJones View Post
    The answer to that is Hogue Rubber Grips. They sure make the P239 awesome to hold and shoot.
    +1

That's what I did to mine.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Love my 239

I really like the P239. Thin grip and slightly thinner slide make it a little easier to conceal than G19/G23, although with less capacity. I have one in 9mm and .40. I've found it to be easy to handle in .40 for it's size. Both are extremely accurate.

It's my favorite .40 CCW.

Thumbs up

The Hogue grip on my 239 makes a world of difference in the feel and handleing

To those who switched to mid sized Glock I already have one...a 23. Love it. It is my EDC...will never part with it. I just want something a little smaller, single stack. I really like the SIG, just for something diff. I think we all agree that the 239 is slimmer and a little more easy to conceal than the GLOCK. Besides as far as capacity goes if u are in a real gunfight and the SHTF. You are not going to need 13-15 rounds. If you do you are prob outmanned or outgunned and 5-7 rounds is not going to help a lot.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    I am always of the opinion that you can't have too much ammo, but the 239 is just so sweet that I find myself overlooking my own beliefs!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

The P239, in 9mm, is about the only Sig currently in production that I would interest me. The chief appeal, for me, is its slim single-stack profile. However, when I compare it side-by-side with a CZ PCR...
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    However, when I compare it side-by-side with a CZ PCR...
    The CZ pales to insignificance?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    The CZ pales to insignificance?
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links