Hmmm.....

Hmmm.....

This is a discussion on Hmmm..... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well my birthday is coming up in about 2 weeks and noticed my Glock 19 and Glock 23 are getting lonely. Well I wanted to ...

Thread: Hmmm.....

Hmmm.....

Well my birthday is coming up in about 2 weeks and noticed my Glock 19 and Glock 23 are getting lonely. Well I wanted to remedy this and went to do some research at the local shop. I went in and looked at the Glock 26, M&P9c, and XD-40 Service model. The Glock 26 was too short and my little finger was dangling at the bottom. I held the XD-40 next. The grip was comfortable and liked the way it came to point of aim. The sight picture was acceptable. I like it but I don't think it would work too well for ccw. Bummer. Then I turned my attention to the M&P9c. The grip was very comfortable and I really liked the sights. It came to point of aim well too. The only thing they didn't have that I wanted to examine was the XD-45 compact. Well I guess my next step is to find a range that has all three for rent and test them out before I make a decision. It's going to be difficult, but I'll trudge through it.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Or the M&P 45c when it comes out this summer.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

M&P45c? Any specific release dates available? You have given me something else to think about. My mind is too simple to handle more than one train of thought at a time.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    The Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times" seems to apply.

No one I know has gotten a firm commitment on an availability date.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

just something to consider, I didn't like the way the 26 felt the first time I held one since, as you said, there's no room for your little finger (I normally carry either a 17 or a 19). However, after I shot it, I changed my mind. I was able to shoot the 26 just as well as the 19 and didn't really notice any difficulty in controlling the recoil, even in rapid fire, despite the shorter grip.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Last year I had tried out the M&P 40c and the XD 40sc... I shot the M&P better, but after doing some research I purchased a new Glock 19. I have not shot the Glock 26 yet, but I'm considering this for my next puchase will do that to see how it shoots for myself.

Personally, I would try to rent each and see which one shoots and feels best to you.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    just something to consider, I didn't like the way the 26 felt the first time I held one since, as you said, there's no room for your little finger (I normally carry either a 17 or a 19). However, after I shot it, I changed my mind. I was able to shoot the 26 just as well as the 19 and didn't really notice any difficulty in controlling the recoil, even in rapid fire, despite the shorter grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Last year I had tried out the M&P 40c and the XD 40sc... I shot the M&P better, but after doing some research I purchased a new Glock 19. I have not shot the Glock 26 yet, but I'm considering this for my next puchase will do that to see how it shoots for myself.

Personally, I would try to rent each and see which one shoots and feels best to you.
    You could also consider a "grip extender" for the Glock 26 in their various forms. All of the firearms you mentioned are excellent, and would serve you well. Many find they value a consistent "manual of arms" from the same manufacturer, but YMMV (mine does) . Good luck with whatever you choose!

Sponsored Links