Mags for my G26

This is a discussion on Mags for my G26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The 30 round mag wont fire consistantly through my G26. Anybody know if the 17 or 19 mags will go without a hitch?...

Thread: Mags for my G26

Mags for my G26

The 30 round mag wont fire consistantly through my G26. Anybody know if the 17 or 19 mags will go without a hitch?

2. Remove Ads

I've shoot my G17 mags in my G26 w/o a hitch. I dunno why a 30 rounder would not, unless wrong caliber mag

I have used my G19 mags and haven't ever had a problem.
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member

Just my opinion here----but I think the longer the grip frame, the better the 30-33 round Glock mag will work in your Glock. That is to say---your G26 has a short grip frame where the large mag is able to move around side to side, or get rocked out of position, hence making it non-operational in your short grip pistol. Even in the full sized frames like the G17, I've always thought this might be an issue. I have some G23 mags for use in my G27---those are very close in size, and I've done work on the adapters made for the purpose of the longer mags in the shorter grip----end result--if they don't fit tightly--there will be problems. I can insert a G17 mag into my G19, and it will work well, although the bottom of the mag sticks well below the grip, I should be careful that my hand not purchase a grip on the bottom of that mag causing it to be out of alignment in it's ability to feed. Follow me? The longer the mag in relation to the grip/mag well---the worse off you'll be in reliability standards. Make sense?

Never had a problem with Glock 30 rounders, but I've heard many horror stories about the scherer magazines.

Which ones do you have?

I just use normal glock 10s right now, but I tried two different and 30s and one 33. Just wouldnt feed right. Could it be my gun, and if so, what can I do about it?

Administrator
    The 30 rd mags were never intended to be used in the mini glocks, for the very reason Ram Rod pointed out. I always suggest you use one size larger if you want more rounds; 26 use a 19 mag, or a 19 uses a 17 mag. You will be OK skipping right to the 17 mag with your 26, you just need to beware of the limitations.
    "Just blame Sixto"

the reason is...

that the cyclic rate of the sub compact glock is much faster than the full size model, therefore the magazine spring must be stronger in the subcompact models.the 31/33 round glock magazine was designed for a full size, fully automatic model 18 with a fire rate of 1000-1200 rpm. when the slides mass is reduced, cyclic rate goes up, ( the slide moves faster), thats why the magazine spring needs to be stronger in sub compact pistols. alot 0f 1911 guys have learned this by trying to use government model mags in officers model pistols. what ends up happening is either the rounds gets jammed nose down on feed ramp or the slide closes on an empty chamber(bad). you should have no problems with the 19 or the 17 magazine, but do what was suggested earlier and get the grip spacers.
    no such thing as "knock down power"......
    only "knock down accuracy"!!
    lawyers are the only ones counting the misses ACCURACY FIRST!!

do not have a problem with 33,17 or 15 round mags use oem mags there are cheap enough

My wife carries a spare 19 mag with her 26, and keeps a spare 17 mag or two in her car. No issues, but hers has had a bit of custom work. Hers feeds from Scherers with +2 floorplates BTW. I kind of think of the 30+ round mags as toys rather than serious defense accessories. Even more so with the fast slide velocity of the subcompacts.

Links