Sure Sight?

Sure Sight?

This is a discussion on Sure Sight? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone own or tried these? Sure Sight - The Newest Idea in Accurate Shooting I saw these last year, but they apparently aren't available for ...

Thread: Sure Sight?

Sure Sight?

Anyone own or tried these?

Sure Sight - The Newest Idea in Accurate Shooting

I saw these last year, but they apparently aren't available for the time being. I happened to run across a used set for Glock last week, so I picked them up and installed them on my G21. They're definately unique, and I do like the sight picture. I won't have a range report for a week or two yet.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

I have no experience with them but they look interesting. Definitely a step out of "the box".

Senior Moderator
    It does look interesting, I'd have to try it on someone's else gun first
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I've used these ... they are awesome for fast acquisition and work well in waning light, but not exactly low-light. The only reason I don't have them on my sidearm is that the front post is .25" tall and my favorite holsters don't have that much room. I think they're awesome for carry, but choose something else if you want to make only one big ragged hole in your target.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I got an email a bit ago from Suresight saying that new models are coming soon, including adjustable and tritium based models.

Dear Joe,

Myself, along with a very creative team of engineers have been hard at work on completing the design for the new model of SureSight. We have developed some pretty ingenious innovations that will help you get even more out of our sights. In fact, we've got several more patents pending for this new design.

Specifically, the new model SureSight that we're about to release will address four key issues people have had with past models of SureSight. They are:

1) Easier to install. Unlike previous iterations of SureSight, the new model will be substantially easier to install. The rear sight will utilize a set screw, and will be easier to slip into the dovetail without too much filing.

2) Adjustable. For the first time, SureSight will feature an adjustable apparatus. Since these sights are primarily intended for self defense and lawful carry, we had to design our own rugged system for adjusting the sights. What we've come up with is both simple and effective. Our design is strong, and while the rear sight is adjustable for elevation, the rear sight is still more than strong enough to be used to cycle the slide on one's belt or boot in "wounded shooter drills". Another advantage of an adjustable design is that you can transfer the sights within models. In other words, if you have a 9mm handgun with our sights, and you'd like to switch them to the same brand handgun but in .45 caliber, you can now do so. Once the install is complete, you simply adjust the rear sight as needed and assure zero.

3) Plastic inserts. While we've had a very low failure rate for our yellow coating chipping off our sights, we still weren't satisfied. We wanted something stronger. After a lot of engineering research and development, we have finalized a design for fluorescent plastic inserts to replace our current silk-screened coating. The plastic resin we've selected is super-tough--it's used in the most high-end military sunglasses as well as some automotive applications.

4) Tritium. This has been the primary hold up for the re-release of our sights. At this point, I'd say we are 99% sure that this is going to work very well. I'm not yet prepared to start taking orders, because we have a bit more testing to do.

Once we've got a final design, we'll let you know. While things always seem to take longer than we expect, I believe we'll have a final tritium design within approximately 3-6 weeks.

Thank you for your patience, and rest assured that we'll let you know as soon as we are ready to roll with this new design.

All the best,

Chaim Stein
    President, SureSight LLC

They sound amazing at 3-7 yards, I'm just not sure how accurate at 15 or 25 yards. That is my only hold up. I know that 3-7 yards is where most SD shooting will occur, but that doesn't mean I want to buy a seperate range pistol, either.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Product Evaluation #1 - SureSight Pistol Sights - Page 1
    One thing that did surprise me was the ability to place precise shots with the SureSights.

By placing the point of impact exactly on the top of the triangle, it was possible to place precise shots all the way out to 50+ yards.

I'm on their waiting list for a set of these for my xd9sc. I can't wait, they make perfect sense, and the reviews are great.
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I had them on a 4" XD45 and liked them even at longer ranges. I am selling the gun but no one wants the sights. Too bad since they cost $90.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I put a SureSight on my SIG P226 last fall. Now, I already know that I just plain do better with a vertical stacking sight rather than a horizontal three-dot configuration, and I will say that's an important part of using this sight. Given that, it does works really well.

The current SureSight does, however, have a few drawbacks. The first is that I have had some of the paint chip from using my kydex holster. Since some of that is at the tip of the triangular front sight, right at the point of aim, I think this is significant. The second is that, unless you have the time to power up the fluorescent paint it doesn't make a great low-light sight. In daylight they are fast and accurate, even at distance (20--25 yards). I just used my P226 for an IDPA classifier Friday and shot my best time yet.

The upcoming version, described in Chooie's post above, should address both these issues. Moving from paint to inserts and adding tritium should make it an excellent sight.

That said, for the moment, I prefer the XS 24/7 Standard Dot on my P220 for all-around sight conditions.

SureSight is a great idea, and I may well wait to see the new version of them rather than putting XS 24/7s on my P226 just yet.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by tdauber View Post
    I had them on a 4" XD45 and liked them even at longer ranges. I am selling the gun but no one wants the sights. Too bad since they cost $90.
    How much would you want for the sights?
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I'm waiting on the new one's These or xs big dots??
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Sponsored Links