Anybody carry the CZ 97B?

This is a discussion on Anybody carry the CZ 97B? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yup...I know that they are large and heavy. Something nice about a full size, all metal, DA, .45 ACP on your side...nothing that a good ...

Thread: Anybody carry the CZ 97B?

Yup...I know that they are large and heavy.

Something nice about a full size, all metal, DA, .45 ACP on your side...nothing that a good "stiffener" reinforced double thick bull hide belt from the Beltman couldn't stabilize with a good holster methinks.

I tend to think that the full size weapons have fewer failures and speedy, accurate follow up shots make the weight a positive methinks.

CZ has a good name and .45 ACP even better.

The only downside for me would be the fact that I have fairly small hands...and I've been told that the 97B has large grips and a long finger reach to the DA trigger. Well...I thought maybe slimmer aftermarket grips might be the ticket here.

Anybody carry this weapon and do you have comments/suggestions on my idea of after market grips...in my mission towards getting this pistol "gripp-able" for the smaller hand?

l

You might try the CZ forum. I've never held one of these but my impression is carrying one all day would not be fun due to the weight.

Everybody is full of opinions but if I was looking for higher capacity than 8 + 1 which is what most 45's are I would go with 40S&W where 13 or 14 in the magazine is not uncommon. You might also look at the XD -45. I'm sure it's capacity is more than 8 + 1.

Sponsored Links