Pocket carry...

This is a discussion on Pocket carry... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A thread I read today has caused me to ponder my choice for certain seasons and social environments. I doubt that the M&P compact would ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pocket carry...

Pocket carry...

A thread I read today has caused me to ponder my choice for certain seasons and social environments. I doubt that the M&P compact would fit in a pocket. Would a small model Glock be able to be concealed in a pocket? I get hugged on occasion and don't want to be made. I don't want to not be able to carry either. I am preparing to to take a ccw course this month or in April. What should I expect? Your thoughts would be most welcome.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I have a Glock 27, a subcompact .40. It ain't not going in a pocket.

You might want to consider the new Ruger LCP.

DOWN RANGE TELEVISION with Michael Bane - DOWN RANGE TV - DRTV
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar

Hugged frequently

Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    I get hugged on occasion and don't want to be made. I don't want to not be able to carry either.
    Exactly my predicament, except I get hugged frequently. I carry a full sized M&P 45 using a SmartCarry holster. Not been made yet by any huggable family or friends. Even roughhouse with grandchildren while carrying.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

As a LEO, I've carried concealed for the past 31 years
    My pocket choices right now are a S&W J frame Airweight and a Beretta .32 Tomcat. I just purchased a KAHR Mini .45 which after some range time and building a new holster, will me my new everyday backup/pocket pistol. At a gunshop, I did check out the new Ruger .380 Cal. It's very small, and with Rugers reputation, should be a fine CCW pistol.
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by randyc74 View Post
    As a LEO, I've carried concealed for the past 31 years
    My pocket choices right now are a S&W J frame Airweight and a Beretta .32 Tomcat. I just purchased a KAHR Mini .45 which after some range time and building a new holster, will me my new everyday backup/pocket pistol. At a gunshop, I did check out the new Ruger .380 Cal. It's very small, and with Rugers reputation, should be a fine CCW pistol.
    Randy
    Could you please tell me which gun shop has the ruger out for display, I was led to believe they were not out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Southtexas View Post
    Could you please tell me which gun shop has the ruger out for display, I was led to believe they were not out yet.
    They became available on the 29th apparently. I guess depending where you are they might or might not have any in stock already.

I carry a Glock 27 in my pocket (using a simple Desantic Nemesis), but that is with 5.11 pants. With jeans and some dress pants, that combination is more of a problem. To be honest, I've never really been to suffer being hugged by random people in general, and everyone who knew me was aware that I carried a gun.

You could simply "control" the hug and turn your left side (assuming that you are right handed and your gun is in the right hand pocket) into the hug.

Even if someone makes contact, all they'll realize is that you have "something" in your pocket in most cases. Those not aware that you carry might well assume that it is a phone, PSP, Blackberry or other gadget rather than a firearm.

Bersa Thunder 380CC in the right hip pocket for light clothing. S&W 642 with laser grips when in bulkier attire. With each one I use an Uncle Mike's sidekick.
    Yes, the world has gotten smaller, but it will always be too big to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats.

A lot of us like these...

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I pocket carryed my p3at all day today,..Perfectly comfortable.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I'm a big proponent for the pocket carry. I alter between my Kahr PM9, Beretta Tomcat, Bersa 380 CC and Kel-Tec P3AT. I really like the Bersa because I'm really accurate when I'm shooting SA. Plus the Bersa has a safety/decocker, loaded chamber indicator, slide lock and 8 +1 rounds. These are features that are uncommon for pocket carry.

I carry all my pocket guns with the Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. It ALWAYS stays in my pocket during a draw.

If I pocket carry, it is between a Glock 26 and a Bersa .380. My Dept. recently bought everyone the new ruger that we should see soon (Due on March 10) and I will probably be carrying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Southtexas View Post
    Shore Galleries in Lincolnwood, IL had the new Ruger on display

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    A lot of us like these...

That's my pocket gun. Of course the gun in the pocket is a BUG.

I find Revolvers to be a "tad" more reliable than any small autoloader when carried in the pocket. Even with a good pocket holster you will be amazed at the amount of "crud" a gun picks up when carried in the pocket. I also find that while the Revolver makes a "bulge" it is not distinquishable as a gun, just a lump. The sharp edges of a "bottomfeeder" in a pocket is very easy to distinquish. Also, for me, I can draw the Revolver easier too.

Biker

My standard pocket carry gun, which I do about 50% of the time, is a Kimber Ultra Carry II, .45ACP. It works very well for pocket carry and when held side by side with a Snubby .38/357, which many folks advocate, is almost exactly the same size.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links