Choose 2 guns to stake your life on... - Page 8

Choose 2 guns to stake your life on...

This is a discussion on Choose 2 guns to stake your life on... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; glock 22 and HK usp compact .40....

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Choose 2 guns to stake your life on...

glock 22 and HK usp compact .40.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Senior Moderator
    Glock 19 and M4gery with .22LR conversion kit.

The Glock, because of it's simplicity and reliability. The M4 for social purposes / hunting small game for good with the conversion kit in it.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

XD9 and my AK should be able to do about anything I need. The AK is .30, so hunting deer is also doable.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Probably my Ruger P95 since it doesn't seem to die and a 10/22 because of amounts of ammo I can carry for it.

Ruger Police Service Six 4" bbl .357 Mag and Marlin 1984C Lever Action .357 Magnum. BOTH will shoot either .357 or .38 and I have a ton of both rounds. Both platforms are durable and reliable and are not sensitive to cycling based on what kind of ammo might be available. Re-loading is easy and inexpensive if it got to that point.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

A 50 cal machine gun with a stack of ammo cans and a Springfield 45 cal pistol. If the SHTF I am bunkered down and holding my ground taking everyone of them until I run out of food, water, and ammo. (which I am guessing won't be long if everything goes south in a big way) Then the 45 is for me to go on my terms..... If it ever gets that bad and chaos starts, nowhere is safe nor is anyone. It will be Mad Maxx all over the place.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

My Glock-30 and my Henry Rifle in .22mag with a Leupold scope.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Give me a Mossy 500 series and an M&P9.......... Wait, I amy want my S&W TRR8 or 686!!!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

XD9sc and my 20 gauge mossberg

I'll stick with my .308 AR and my 10/22 with its small variable power scope. I'll sacrifice the pistol just to have a dedicated small game rifle.
    XD45c, XD9sc, LCP

When I think in terms of the downfall of society as we know it, I'm thinking in terms of taking what I can carry on my person and heading for the hills on foot with my family. That's the precipitating factor in my thought process of taking both a handgun and a rifle that use the same ammo. Light .38s for small to medium game in the lever action and big load .357 mags for larger game and SD. I grab a backpack bag full of .38 and .357 ammo, the revolver goes in a holster and the lever goes over my shoulder via strap. If one gun breaks, I still have plenty of ammo for the other one. If I take 2 guns in different calibers and one of them breaks, now only half of my ammo cache is useful to me. I did think long and hard about a .22 of some sort but the advantages of same ammo and small, medium, and large game with the various loads of .38 and .357 I have on hand won out for me. I also like the simplicity and ruggedness of the revolver and lever rifle platforms.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Glock 19, and my colt ar-15.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

My g26 and my thompson g2 contender pistol with 30/30 barrel and 22 longe rifle barrel unreal how accurate.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I would choose a Beretta M9 9mm and a Mossberg 590A1 12 gauge shotgun with a 20" barrel and stocked with a variety of shells (slugs, birdshot and buckshot) which is very practical for various survival and self-defense scenarios. I think that in a SHTF scenario, it would be easier to find 9mm and 12 gauge ammo than other calibers. Also, since the US Army uses the Beretta M9 and Mossberg 590A1, I think that I could find lots of spare parts and ammo. They have also already been battle tested in various types of rude environments and have passed the Mil-Specs so they would endure for a long time.

I would also bring my Ontario M9 Bayonet which is a great survival knife and very useful for self-defense since I can use it for hand-to-hand combat or attach it to my Mossberg for additional stopping power and as an intimidation factor.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Marlin or Winchester lever in .44 Mag
    S&W 629
    Same ammo for both.
    I like that line of thinking. But I'm partial to the .357/.38sp flavor. Ammo is cheaper and easier to find.
    The views expressed above are the opinion of the poster and may or may not be total bunk.
    Viewer discretion is advised.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Links