Choose 2 guns to stake your life on...

This is a discussion on Choose 2 guns to stake your life on... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Colt AR 6920 H&K P-30 I don't own a Glock, imagine that!...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Choose 2 guns to stake your life on...

Colt AR 6920
    H&K P-30

I don't own a Glock, imagine that!

2. Remove Ads

I've got 2 AR-15's so I would pick the lighter of the 2 which is my dpms. It's allready pretty well setup with a new gas block with folding front sight, magpul mbus rear sight, aimpoint red dot, magpul moe forend with a tac light and magpull stubby grip, and last an Magpull enlarged trigger guard for gloved fingers. My hagun would of course be my sig P220R SAO. I have a few hundred rounds of 45ACP and several hundered rounds of mixed 5.56. I think I have 8 or so magpull Pmags so that would fully set me up on firearms. Other than that I have a travel water purifier a stash of bic lighters and other survival equipment.

Glock 17 pistol and ar15 variant some kinda wanter purifier fishing line and hooks lots of matches or lighters

For me. I'd take my S&W 457 and my Remington 11-87. Neither one has even malfunctioned with any type of ammo. As far as a place to bury/hide my choices, I'd pull up a fence post, place both guns inside a large length of PVC pipe with the ends sealed, and after digging the post hole deeper, put the pipe in the hole and put the fence post back on top of it. Since my fence is wire, it would make locating my stash with a metal detector a bit more difficult.

full sized 9mm auto in any major brand; glock, s&w, taurus, *.

And a marlin 795 or ruger 10/22. Yep a .22 cal. Without a doubt the most valuable piece anyone in a survival situation can carry(besides a good knife). Can take almost any game in north america, perfect for defense, the rifles hold a ton of ammo(less reloads in a man vs man) and I can carry probably 2k rounds before it starts to get heavy.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    When I think in terms of the downfall of society as we know it, I'm thinking in terms of taking what I can carry on my person and heading for the hills on foot with my family. That's the precipitating factor in my thought process of taking both a handgun and a rifle that use the same ammo. Light .38s for small to medium game in the lever action and big load .357 mags for larger game and SD. I grab a backpack bag full of .38 and .357 ammo, the revolver goes in a holster and the lever goes over my shoulder via strap. If one gun breaks, I still have plenty of ammo for the other one. If I take 2 guns in different calibers and one of them breaks, now only half of my ammo cache is useful to me. I did think long and hard about a .22 of some sort but the advantages of same ammo and small, medium, and large game with the various loads of .38 and .357 I have on hand won out for me. I also like the simplicity and ruggedness of the revolver and lever rifle platforms.
    Why I agree with much of what you are saying about .38 or .357 that makes sense, but here is the other advantage of carrying two different calibers. What if this is a prolonged time and you actually start to run out of ammo? I think you got better chances of finding some 12.ga, 22.lr, or 9mm any day of the week. By having two different calibers you have doubled your chance of compatibility.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

For a shtf handgun it would be a Glock 45 and a long gun some sort of AK.

1911 and an AK variant. Though an 870 is attractive, the weight and size of ammo is a huge issue for a rough end of the world scenario. I will need my mobility in the coming zombie apocalypse!

HK P30 in 9 because ammo is cheap, its reliable, and easy to maintain
    HK 416 Rifle because my brother helped test/develop it and it has proven reliable beyond belief in many different scenarios, temperatures and environments; and on top of that the action doesnt heat up and a few other nice technologies.

Pre-2004, SIG P229 in .40....and M4gery with a dozen PMAGs and ammo.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Well, being that this is an emergency situation and I would want to be able to load my guns up again after I shot them a couple times.

An Ar 9mm carbine and a Glock 26. Both take the same ammo and I have no fantasies in my mind that I will all of a sudden turn into this great Elk hunter or something just cause society broke down. More than likely I'll be shooting small animals that happen to be around and living mostly on things I can grow(can't hunt that well but I got a green thumb).

Now, most would say "why not a G19?" Well, in clinical studies at the range, I've found I'm more accurate with a G26! LOL
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by notagangsta View Post
    Because that's what he asked in the OP
    Since I'm a dork and did not answer the question the OP asked. My reconsidered response is my XD.45 for the reasons it is my EDC. It is more accurate than I am, is 100% rock solid reliable no matter what I feed it. No manual safeties to delay my response time. Simple easy to maintain and I have every possible replace part except the frame in case any thing should fail or need repair / replacement.
    My long gun would be a .308 because of the versatility of the round. .308 can be loaded down to .32 caliber ballistics for small game squirrel, rabbit. Or full loads capable of dropping anything on the North American continent a half mile and further away. Which also makes it a perfect SD round. A premier performer in long range sniping or CQC. Capable of penetrating most any barrier with enough energy to terminate whatever is behind the barrier.
    My problem lay in what .308 variant do I want. I have it down to a scout or AR 10. Just can not decide which.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

G19 and AK47.
    I apologize for not getting into this thread sooner.

CZ75 9mm and rem 870 12 gauge.

or

Ruger .357 mag with a marlin lever .357 to match
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Glock 17, and M-4 for when things get really bad and we loose ROL.

Kel Tec p3AT and FEG PA 63 as long as we have ROL.

Thinking of moving to Glock 36 to replace FEG PA 63
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Links