Glock 27 any experience with this gun

This is a discussion on Glock 27 any experience with this gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wansn't a Glock fan until I got one for a good price. With reliability , easy to take down and clean and accuracy with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I wansn't a Glock fan until I got one for a good price. With reliability , easy to take down and clean and accuracy with a fairly good price I soon became a big fan. Anyway, a guy I am buying a Smith 6946 from want to sell me his G27 for $300 and I know thats a steal especially with the extra mags, however just wanted input on how it shoots etc. I really didn't like the way it felt when I first held one, but everyone says it's easy to get used to. He also has pinky mags with it. Also Sig 225 not P6 he want to sell me for $300. Sounds like he might get all my money
    Glock 32 (357 sig)

VIP Member
    The 27 is a great package. You can use magazine extensions for range shooting but for CCW check out these: G A P H O M E

You really do not need the little finger on the grip to control this gun, under the GAP works fine.

Something else you might have already thought of is you can get a drop in .357 SIG barrel and have two calibers in one gun using the same magazines.

It's the only Glock I still have and won't part with!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

That sounds like a good deal to me. Do you know the guy? It sounds good enough that I might be a little skeptical of why it is so cheap.
    In anycase, the 27 is good gun. Not hard to handle and shoots well. The pinky extensions help out too. IMO not a gun you would shoot a whole lot at the range but it's not unpleasant.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I have the G 26, but a best friend has the G27. I would jump on the G27 if in good shape. It is a very reliable and easily maintained gun.
    If one wants a small, relatively high capacity, and among the best stopping power gun, then the G 27 fills that bill in my view.

Regards,
    Jerry

I personally like the G26 over the G27. The G27 has a significant snap to it, especially with +P ammo. Though at that price I would most likely buy the gun anyway. You could always turn it over and make $100 if you dont like it.

$300 is a steal!!! Buy it now!

I have a G27. I carry it with the factory mag and a +0 Pearce grip extension. I carry a G22 mag for back-up.

I alternate between the G27 and G23 depending on the situation.

Good pistol!

ETA: it's the lead pistol in my avatar.
    Last edited by takurpic; March 4th, 2008 at 01:14 AM.

Buy both of the $300 guns and if you end up not liking one you can easily make an extra $100 selling one or both.
    www.RKBAholsters.com

Check it out for quality reasonably priced leather and kydex Pocket, IWB and OWB Holsters......

The 27 is probably the best small carry gun on the market with the 26 a VERY close 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge45 View Post
    The 27 is probably the best small carry gun on the market with the 26 a VERY close 2nd.
    My sentiments exactly! Can't beat it!

kpw
    Carried one for 8 years and put well over 15k rounds through it without a hitch. Mine was one of the more accurate pistols I've owned. I don't have it anymore but I still keep all my extra mags and leather for one. More than likely, I'll have another.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

VIP Member
    A G27 is my main CCW. I don't use the mag extensions, but I am very pleased with using the GAP extension, it keeps the gun small and adds exactly the right piece you need to maintain a good grip. I don't leave home without it.

BTW I typically pocket-carry mine, though usually it's with cargo pants since the pocket size is pretty generous. FWIW I don't use the cargo pocket, I just use the regular side pocket. Works for me.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I bought one and sold it....to a good person who needed a gun. STUPID. I miss it everyday. You will not go wrong. You should also snatch that non p6 225 before someone else does they are very sweet also.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

buy it quick
    Jack dog

I had one, grate little pistol.
    But I traded it for its big brother G23.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge45 View Post
    The G33 with an additional G27 barrel is probably the best small carry gun on the market with the 26 a VERY close 2nd.

Fixated for accuracy! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links