anyone carry ASTRA -75 ???

This is a discussion on anyone carry ASTRA -75 ??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up an ASTRA -75 in .40S&W w/a 7 rd mag . it seems like a sturdy little gun ?????? It's all steel ...

Thread: anyone carry ASTRA -75 ???

anyone carry ASTRA -75 ???

I just picked up an ASTRA -75 in .40S&W w/a 7 rd mag . it seems like a sturdy little gun ?????? It's all steel (which I like) and is slimline if I wanted to carry it . I mainly got it for knocking around in the garage or house . It was this or a KELTEC PF9 which I wasn't too pleased with . I don't think my big hands would've been able to shoot it properly ???? ANY comments or suggestion from anyone who has or has have had one of these ASTRA-70 or 75 would be appreciated

2. Remove Ads

I don't have an A-75 but I have an Astra A-100 in 9mm that was my first pistol purchased about 10 years ago. It's a copy of the Sig P226.
    Solid feeling gun - never had any FTF/FTE's with it, accuracy is OK - not great but acceptable at handgun distances, I've put probably 8,000 rounds minimum through it and had 2 parts break - the decocking lever and the arm extensions that are part of the feed ramp in the receiver. I've never carried it and rarely shoot it anymore - I have 2 other 9mm's that are more accurate (beretta 92 and a S&W M&P 9c).
    It's a good gun, and for $300 (used) buy price (with 2 17rd mags) it's served me well, but not my first pick anymore.

VIP Member
    I have one, it was my first carry gun. I have pretty much religated it to my nightstand gun. Mags are getting harder to find for them, I prefer the ones with the finger rest. Too bad Astra'a are no longer made. I wouldn't hesitate to carry it again if the need arose.

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    One of my best friends carries an Astra 70 IWB. It's a great little gun. I have never seen it malfunction once. They are a little heavy, and it's difficult to get accessories, but I wouldn't have a problem owning one.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Astra A-75 40 s&w

I have had a Astra A-75 for over 6 year and it has been my primary carry gun since I bought it.
    I is comfortable to carry all day, I have a Inside Waist Band holsters the clips to my belt.
    It is also very Accurate when I have fired it at 15 to 20 feet.
    My preferred ammo is 180 gr hollow points.

Links