Bhp - Page 3

Bhp

This is a discussion on Bhp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ka0azs One of the things I like about this board, we can agree to disagree and not degenerate into a flame war ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Bhp

  1. #31
    JT
    JT is offline
    Distinguished Member Array JT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,425
    Quote Originally Posted by ka0azs
    One of the things I like about this board, we can agree to disagree and not degenerate into a flame war if my answers aren't your answers.
    agreed
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

    Si vis pacem, para bellum


  2. #32
    VIP Member Array ExSoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Coral Gables, FL
    Posts
    5,802

    Thumbs down Remove a Safety Mechanism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Team American
    I own a BHP just like Chris's (right down to the slim grips ) and wasn't crazy about it until I had a trigger job done on it (and had the magazine safety removed)
    I gotta say, well first off, I like the mag disconnect on MY BHP. And it makes NO sense to remove the thing. One of the certitudes of modern jurisprudence is that one must not ever modify a safety mechanism on a firearm so that it is rendered inoperable. You're just screaming for a culpable negligence lawsuit, or worse use as evidence in a manslaughter trial.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

  3. #33
    Member Array HiWayMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    88
    P95Carry -

    I don't have any digital pics of my Hi-Power with the longer barrel installed in the shorter slide, but I found these photos online showing the difference between a standard slide and a detective slide.
    Attached Images

  4. #34
    Member Array ka0azs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by HiWayMan
    I would recommend getting a "Detective Slide". It makes the package about an inch shorter overall. It conceals OWB easier this way. For target competions I slide in a full size barrel in the shortened slide, it hangs out about an inch, but shoots tighter groups.
    I carry IWB so wouldn't get much benefit out of the decreased slide length. But it does look neat and I'd probably get one if the right deal came along when I had available funds.

    I had heard that recoil springs for the "Detective" slides don't hold up under extended use and that replacements are hard to get. Does your experience confirm or deny that?
    Randy
    NRA Life Member

  5. #35
    Member Array HiWayMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    88
    I can neither confirm or deny. I've had mine for about two years now with 4000+ rounds thru it and there are no signs of the recoil springs needing replaced yet. I may have to look into finding some replacements at some point, but it really isn't a concern at this time.

  6. #36
    VIP Member
    Array Team American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    I gotta say, well first off, I like the mag disconnect on MY BHP. And it makes NO sense to remove the thing. One of the certitudes of modern jurisprudence is that one must not ever modify a safety mechanism on a firearm so that it is rendered inoperable. You're just screaming for a culpable negligence lawsuit, or worse use as evidence in a manslaughter trial.
    It may not make any sense, but it sure improved the trigger pull

    But your point is well taken...I debated about doing this modification for that very reason. Have you heard of any specific case where negligence was determined for removing the magazine safety on a Bhp? I can see it if, as an example, someone was shot because they thought the gun was unloaded with the magazine removed (the original reason for the magazine disconnect), but the mag disconnect wouldn't play any part in an actual gunfight...I would want my attorney to argue that increased accuracy due to a better trigger pull was actually safer....we are not talking about a hair-trigger here. Pull is still in the 4-5 pound range.
    But it is food for thought!
    Last edited by Team American; September 16th, 2005 at 10:25 AM.
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

    "They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

  7. #37
    VIP Member Array Bud White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Away - Health Problems
    Posts
    17,353
    No but undoing safety cant be a good thing in court and most sheeple will deff not see if your way

  8. #38
    Assistant Administrator
    Array P95Carry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    South West PA
    Posts
    25,484
    HWM - thx for comparitive pics - great - easy to see difference.

    Must say much as I like the std full length config', that shorter version looks very nice indeed - seems to almost have a better balance and certainly could be great for carry.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

    "To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."


    http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

bhp 15rd mag

,
bhp cast frame introduced
,

bhp firearms

,

bhp guns

,

bhp pistol

,

browning hi power rail inspection

,

ccw bhp

,
get my pistol reblued
,
handguns pocatello police use
,

hi power vz vs spegel

,
oldest police guns
,

what is the average trigger pull for a bhp

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors