Defensive Carry banner

Single shot - that's all!

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  KenpoTex 
#1 ·
For no reason, other than this is my thread and I say that your only carry piece is a single shot - ''something''!! What would you choose?

We know size matters :banana: But we'll permit you anything large that can still realistically be concealed. Your main choice will be the platform (real or imagined) and your selection of caliber - and why??? Then - how might you expect to exploit to fullest potential.

Hahahaha - another crazy P95 wierd thread! :poke: :silly:

I will go for a T/C Contender in 45-70 and just a 10" barrel - it'll sit on my hip in a suitable rig. The one round will be a hot load with 405 cast bullet - and I'll draw and fire (thumbing back hammer as I do) - and take just that smidgeon longer to aim so that the bullet goes to useful territory. We are I'll permit - thinkin' pretty close range here.

(Oh - for my shot rule #4 is fine - no one behind the BG - cos sure as heck this sucker is gonna over penetrate!)

Crazy? Probably - but my thread - my rules! :biggrin:

See less See more
#5 ·
Since you didn't say nothin' about it having to be legal...a 12-gauge with the barrel cut down to about 10-12", with the stock sawn off at the pistol-grip, and loaded with 00-buck. :biggrin:

#6 ·
kenpotex said:
Since you didn't say nothin' about it having to be legal...a 12-gauge with the barrel cut down to about 10-12", with the stock sawn off at the pistol-grip, and loaded with 00-buck. :biggrin:

My thoughts Exactly.

#7 ·
Way back when,the USN had a pistol flare launcher that would chamber and fire a 12ga round. It was carried in A/C for emergencies. It was highly prized and very tradeable. It was 'bout the size of a Desert Eagle ,but with a shorter bbl. That,with #4 buck should do the trick. Legal to carry ??? ---------

#11 ·
I think Matt has it - and I should have thought of that - yep, cut down 12G - should be ''useful'' Biggrin:

Boy tho - that will recoil a tad! :wink:

#16 ·
why not have some fun?

kenpotex said:

Instead of buckshot, why not try one of those flame throwing shells? Seen them in some sort of waywaywayouttheregunwacko bulk mailing things... had flechette, noise makers, etc type shotgun shells, laced with images of trailer park chicks in Tshirts and not much else.
Yep, I'm on a cool mailing list! :biggrin:

BTW: if me spelling is off, or this sounds real bizzare.....I'm enjoying a good snootfull of rum&something....

:1saufen:

#17 ·
Scratchy - I am well into some vodka too :biggrin:

Know what? I honestly think all that ''Dragon's Breath'' shells and other fancy pancy stuff is a total waste of dollars!

Forget the catalog right now - probably has the word ''Tactical'' somewhere :silly:.... stick to '''real'' stuff - on basis that if things are really bad, you sure as heck will want to do more than just scorch the opposition! :biggrin:

#18 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.