Defensive Carry banner

Anybody Carry a Full Size 1911?

3K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  JrHawk 
#1 ·
I'm lusting after one of the Sig 1911s (second generation). I notice the carry model is not that much shorter than the full size.

Interested in your opinions.

#6 ·
I started carrying a SW 40VE double stack. It was much too large for my first carry piece. I then went to a Kahr P9 and have loved it ever since.

About three years later, I got a series 70 government model, and I haven't carried anything since.

#7 ·
I alternate between a full size Les Baer and a Pro sized Kimber. I have holsters for both OWB abd IWB for the full size and right now only OWB for the Pro size, at least until my new IWB from TTgunleather arrives. Usually wear an untucked and unbuttoned shirt over a tucked in black t-shirt. No problems at all.

#8 ·
I am carrying a full size Springfield 1911 A1 as I type this. Not my every day carry rig however. I carry a Kahr Arms P9 most of the time. The 1911 is just too heavy for my Monday - Thursday attire. Casual Fridays and weekends I am in jeans.

#9 ·
I sometimes carry my Spingfield mil-spec in a shoulder holster when riding my bike (Harley, not bicycle). Conceals well under a heavy leather jacket, and easier to get to while riding than my usual IWB Glock 30.

Ron

#11 ·
I carry this and usually forget it is there.

#12 ·
I don't carry a full-size 1911 yet... but am close. My new Kimber Custom TLE II is almost broken in and ready. Not really that much harder to conceal than my bhp.

I've been wearing the Kimber around in a Wilson Combat holster (3:22ish) at the house and the home range. I don't forget it's there but it' actually pretty comfortable.

#13 ·
Yep, This is my SA Mil Spec with a few personal touches in a HBE Leatherworks COM III (Great holster). Carried it constantly til I got a great deal on a SA Champion which I really fell in love with. Still occasionally wear it and no problems concealing it and I'm a whole 5' 7" topping out at 170 lbs..
You have to have a quality belt to make it comfortable and pull it in tight. :22a:

This is the pic I sent into Eric for his site. Had to borrow it back for this post.

#14 ·
If you don't have a 1 1/2" thick leather belt your gonna be walking around with your trousers gang banger style,I need a bette belt than the one i got due to it still stretches over time and i've had to put a couple extra holes in it

#15 ·
I'm not carrying one yet but I 'm researching my first 1911. I don't plan to use it as my primary carry gun, but it will be my "BBQ" gun to carry OWB and on special occasions.

#16 ·
I have two full size govt model 1911's ( Baer & Nighthawk ) and a C&S Carry Commander Officer ( commander length slide and officer grip ). I carry all three - but not at the same time! As stated in one of the above posts a quality 1 1/2" belt is a must. The full size 1911's are a bit heavy but with a good holster and belt they are very comfortable and fit flat to my side. I carry at about 3:30 and with a shirt hanging out there is no printing. My CCO with the officer grip is a bit smaller and easier to conceal. The beauty of a 1911 single stack is they are narrow with the drawback to some being the weight ( not an issue for me ). Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.