Defensive Carry banner

PT1911 shooting to the right

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  QKShooter 
#1 ·
Took out my new PT1911 today for the first time - like how it handles, and it ran 100 230gr FMJ's through without any problems - BUT it does shoot about an inch low and 2 inches to the right at 25 feet. I know that 100 rounds isn't alot to go by, and that it could be my hold or trigger pull, but the gun came from the factory with the rear sight drifted way over to the left - which indicates to me that whoever sighted it in at the factory had the same issue.

I'd rather not drift the rear sight any farther over to the left as it's already pretty far off center - my question is, can I drift the front sight over to the right to adjust instead? Or is a dovetailed front sight on a 1911 not suppossed to be messed with?

These are Trijicon night sights so I'd be doing the drifting gently...

#2 ·
After only 100 rounds through it I wouldn't do anything quite yet.
First, I would try shooting some HOT ammo in it and see if that settles everything in.
Be mighty careful how you "drift" those Tritium sights.
They should really be moved with a sight pusher.

Honestly though - I absolutely would send the gun in and get the problem corrected rather than put up with sights that are drifted way off center on the slide.

I would not put up with that on any firearm.
It's subliminally and psychologically distracting.
Just my opinion on that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.