Defensive Carry banner

My Kel-Tec P3AT..pics

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  AirMech74 
#1 ·
I picked up a P3AT with the idea that I would use it as a summer carry. I bought it from a coworker with a very low round count. I decided that it needed a makeover, so I handed it over to a fellow over on Oklahoma Shooters and this is what he did with it....

Slide and belt clip were done with GunKote Dark Earth Tan
Slotted the pin.
Polished the feedramp and chamber.
Re-crowned the barrel and polished the crown.
Polished the contact surface of the hammer
De-burred a few spots on the frame.

See less See more
#2 ·
Awsome. I like the dark earth tan and the clip on the side. Congrats on the new Kel-Tec! :hand10:

#12 ·
Well, I was able to put 12 rds through it before I started having problems. After the 12 rd, or second mag, I put an fresh on in, racked the slide and squeezed the trigger.....nothin, the hammer didn't even engage...i tried it again...nothing, again..POW!! I was like...this ain't right. So I took the slide off, looked it over, and didn't see anything wrong. Tried it again and same thing...as you squeeze the trigger, the hammer starts to pull back, by then, the trigger is back as far as it will go, but not the hammer. As you let off the trigger, the hammer would go forward. Well, I gave up on it and decided to look at it back home.

After doing a lil research on google and Ktog.org, I was pointed to a website that described the exact problem...low and behold, it was the trigger pin..if any of you guys have one of these and don't know, watch that pin that runs up behind and into the trigger...it will work its way out and that problem i described will occur. I pulled the reciever from the frame, dropped a lil blue loctite down on the pin and tapped it back in. Once it was all back together, it worked like a champ. If anybody wants a link to that site, PM me and I will send it to you.

#11 ·
nice i think i might do something like that to my p3at. let us know how well the belt clip holds up. the blueing came off of my belt clip and i put black spray paint on it. it held up well except the edges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.