Round Two with the M&P9C

This is a discussion on Round Two with the M&P9C within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks for the suggestions Sarge! We have yet to settle in on the Smith, but it is definitely ahead in the running......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Round Two with the M&P9C

Thanks for the suggestions Sarge! We have yet to settle in on the Smith, but it is definitely ahead in the running...
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

"SA is a cognitive state or process associated with the assessment of multiple environmental cues in a dynamic situation" ~ Isaac

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ZW17 View Post
    Here is my S&W incident from a few weeks back. I copy and pasted it from another site I am a member at.....

I ended up getting it resolved after much haggling with the original gun shop.

Zero issues with the replacement M&P 9c they gave me.
    My .45's got a little at the front on one of the serrations and I haven't really thought much of it, but its nowhere near as bad as that. Did they have these things sitting in a 2% sulfuric acid bath at 300 F? That's how you get stainless steel to "rust".

Lima, I just got myself a G27 yesterday and it is a nice little package (relatively speaking) but I can see why you wouldn't like it. I think my ginormous hands are the only reason this grip seems comfortable. If the heel of my palm were on the bottom of the backstrap, I don't think it would work as well. As it is, the backstrap swell sits in the "pocket" of my palm. I still think the M&P's ergonomics are superior.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    My .45's got a little at the front on one of the serrations and I haven't really thought much of it, but its nowhere near as bad as that. Did they have these things sitting in a 2% sulfuric acid bath at 300 F? That's how you get stainless steel to "rust".
    They are not 100% stainless as they may allude to. The slides actually have a lot of iron in them. The best way to tell is to put a magnet to the slide. A magnet won't stick to true stainless.
    Why do you own a fire extinguisher when you have the fire department to protect you?

I read on another board that somebody was having the same premature lock back that you're describing.. They were taking a class when it happened. The instructor investigated and determied that one of their fingers were touching the slide causing interference. They changed the backstrap and it never happened again.

Another person replied to the thread and said the same thing happened to him. Could this possibly be your problem?

dv
    "A right unexercised is a right lost."

www.myspace.com/dvickery

Quote Originally Posted by ZW17 View Post
    They are not 100% stainless as they may allude to. The slides actually have a lot of iron in them. The best way to tell is to put a magnet to the slide. A magnet won't stick to true stainless.
    I'm guessing they use one of the more ductile alloys, I meant the fact people think stainless (doesn't matter the alloy) can't rust, but the easiest way to corrode stainless is with a hot, weak acid.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

I suppose all new weapons will have some problems early on. I guess that I will simply hang in there with my trusty Browning High Powers, even tho S/A. However we all know these are not for everyone.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dvickery View Post
    I read on another board that somebody was having the same premature lock back that you're describing.. They were taking a class when it happened. The instructor investigated and determied that one of their fingers were touching the slide causing interference. They changed the backstrap and it never happened again.

Another person replied to the thread and said the same thing happened to him. Could this possibly be your problem?

dv
    That's an interesting thought. I had not considered that. And it wouldn't be the first time my fingers have accidentally caused slide lock on a gun (usually a gun I'm not extremely familiar with).

I will certainly have to take that into consideration our next time out.

Thanks!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links