XD or SIG

This is a discussion on XD or SIG within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Jaystekan most importantly, the gun just felt good in my hands. Also, how it comes up on target -- IMHO. I passed ...

View Poll Results: What Would You Do

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep XD

104 50.49%
  • Get Sig

102 49.51%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XD or SIG

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaystekan View Post
    most importantly, the gun just felt good in my hands.
    Also, how it comes up on target -- IMHO.

I passed on a few that were otherwise popular and top of the line -- because they came up muzzle high, for me.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

love my xd45
    Attached Images

I don't like DA/SA but if, for some reason, I couldn't carry a Glock, I'd be carrying a SIG. IIRC, they've got some models that can be carried in condition 1, that IMO would be the way to go.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I had the chance to get a SIG instead of my XD,...I prefer Springfield over Sig, never really cared for them.

If you are thinking about trading up to a SIG you must have issues with the XD, so of course buy the SIG. I've owned 3 different SIG's over the years (220, 226, and 239), and none of them have NEVER had one issue (NOT ONE FTF OR FTE).
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    If you are thinking about trading up to a SIG...
    Emphasis mine.

BIAS BIAS BIAS!

Gotta admit, once getting past the 'brand wars' and prestige stuff, I was looking at what can carry the most without having to reload if I really needed it....what has good ergonomics incase I don't have time to aim....what has excellent tested reliability.....and what could I afford to buy the ammo for after purchasing the gun

I ended up with the XD45

after a little break-in it shoots very well and I suspect with a properly fitted match barrel it will shoot even nicer......just my $ .02

Jim B

I have the 4 inch service model XD-45 and really enjoy it.Have never owned a SIG but always wanted a P-220.Maybe some day.Get which ever one fits you best.
    Ron

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    I have two Sigs (P226 , P245 ) and an XD .45 Tactical.

I'm keepin all of them.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Sold my 229 to a close friend, two weeks later I tried to buy it back to no avail. Bought another, and I plan on never selling this one.

SIG

i have an xd and a sig,i carry the sig.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    The Secret Service carry Sigs; so does the Diplomatic Security Service...
    Funny. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I was at the State Department in December, and the DSS was carrying K-frame Smith & Wessons. I actually asked one of them about it, and he said they would be transitioning to the Beretta shortly.

Even funnier, a quick look at Wikipedia says they shoot the Sig 228 & 229, having retired their S&W Model 19's around 1993.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

I have the XD, want to keep it, but want to get a SIG really bad. That is the only gun that I have ever picked up and was truly amazed at the feel in my hands, and I was more accurate with it, than anything I currently own. I just don't want to sell anything!
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Funny. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I was at the State Department in December, and the DSS was carrying K-frame Smith & Wessons. I actually asked one of them about it, and he said they would be transitioning to the Beretta shortly.

Even funnier, a quick look at Wikipedia says they shoot the Sig 228 & 229, having retired their S&W Model 19's around 1993.
    The uniformed officers you saw still carry the S&W. The Agents carry the P228/P229. Pretty big divide in their job descriptions and duties!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    The uniformed officers you saw still carry the S&W. The Agents carry the P228/P229. Pretty big divide in their job descriptions and duties!
    I'll add to the general din of this chorus with an affirmative tone. The last time I spoke with someone over at the ATF their actual agents were strapped with Sigs as well.

I still prefer my XD.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links