XD or SIG

XD or SIG

This is a discussion on XD or SIG within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I own a XD .45 4" service with LE Mag but I am looking at getting to trade in on a sig for CC do ...

View Poll Results: What Would You Do

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep XD

104 50.49%
  • Get Sig

102 49.51%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: XD or SIG

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar

XD or SIG

I own a XD .45 4" service with LE Mag but I am looking at getting to trade in on a sig for CC do you think I should do it. If anyone owns a sig and can contribute their thoughts I would Appreciate it
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

I had one, It melted in a truck fire, Get the Sig!! If it's good enough for the Texas Rangers it should be good enough for you!!
    Sigs are cut above the xd!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I have a XD45 compact and have shot my buddies SIG at the range manytimes, both are great guns. I do like SIGs a lot but for cc i would rather have my XD. The reason why i say this is when i draw my weapon, it will go bang becasue the safteys go off with your natural grip.
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

Having never fired a sig, before trading my XD for one I'd ave to ask what it does that my XD doesn't? I do understand they have a pretty loyal following, though.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

For CC, I'd go with the sig. The xds seem a little to thick for me.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

I'd go with the Sig - hey wait a minute - I did

edc Sig P226 in 40 S&W

Most will recommend the Sig and there is nothing wrong with that. My only caution would be if you are more comfortable, accurate, and confident in your abilities with the XD than stay with that.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    I have a XD45 compact and have shot my buddies SIG at the range manytimes, both are great guns. I do like SIGs a lot but for cc i would rather have my XD. The reason why i say this is when i draw my weapon, it will go bang becasue the safteys go off with your natural grip.
    What safety are you talking about on the Sig? There are no manual safeties on the DA/SA 239, 229, 226, 220, 245 etc... unless you buy the SAO 220.

Both are fine weapons. I carry the Sig Sauer 220 carry OWB in the winter and an HK P7M8 IWB in the summer. I am looking real close at a XD9sc for summer carry.

Quote Originally Posted by conus2 View Post
    What safety are you talking about on the Sig? There are no manual safeties on the DA/SA 239, 229, 226, 220, 245 etc... unless you buy the SAO 220.
    I have no idea what it was, all I know the gun has to be an old model becasue it was several years ago (I am fairly certain it was a SIG maybe i could be wrong) However if there is no manual saftey then i would be open to carrying one. I havent been around the SIG line as it's out of my price range.
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

I'm getting a 225/P6 soon, but I am no fan of the DA-SA transition. I'm not sure what the price is on the Sig, but if you're paying $200 difference with the XD in trade, personally, I would take the $200 and buy some parts for your XD, mags and ammo. You aren't getting that much "more gun" in the Sig, and November is rolling up pretty fast.

I was looking for a new edc handgun recently. I was trying to decide between the Sig 239, and a glock. I ended up walking out of the shop with an XD 40sc. I like the grip safety, springfield has great customer service, but most importantly, the gun just felt good in my hands. I plan on retiring my mk40 to the safe for a bit once my supertuck arrives for the xd. I was leaning heavily towards the Sig over the glock when looking online though, but I have to say, I really like my XD. To each his own I guess!!!!
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

I would go with keeping the XD. While many prefer it, I am not a fan of DA/SA for a CCW. That isn't to say I don't like Sigs.

I am XD all the way! Just a big fan. Buddy bought the 45 acp last week and loves it.

Distinguished Member
    I didn't vote.

I have a P220 and want an XD45. I'm keeping the Sig.

I love the Sig, but want the larger magazine capacity of an XD for carry.

If I shoot, I'm going to shoot alot. The more rounds without a mag exchange the better. IMHO

which works better

I own both, shoot both and would have to say which ever one you shoot better, like how it fits on your bod pick that one. Both will serve you well.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links