Perceived Recoil: Sig Revolution 1911 vs. Other 1911s

This is a discussion on Perceived Recoil: Sig Revolution 1911 vs. Other 1911s within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I sure do like the look of the Sig 1911s. Now that they've worked the bugs out of it, I'm tempted to get one. I'd ...

Thread: Perceived Recoil: Sig Revolution 1911 vs. Other 1911s

I sure do like the look of the Sig 1911s. Now that they've worked the bugs out of it, I'm tempted to get one. I'd like to hear back from people who own both about how the gun handles recoil.

Thanks in advance.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Mine is an old, first-generation GSR that is so accurate it's scary. It has a 5-inch barrel, and it's all stainless steel, so it absorbs recoil pretty well.

If you're going to get a 5-incher that's all steel, it'll absorb recoil pretty well.

If you're getting a commander-length (4 1/4) made out of titanium or scandium or whatnot, it might not dampen recoil as well- but I have a scandium Smith Commander, and its recoil isn't bad at all.

I say get it....Sigs are great guns and 1911's are, too. The two together are a good combination.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

I agree with Randy. I have a Revolution Carry that, like Randy said, is scary accurate. I think you'll be pleased.
    You can never have enough magazines or ammo.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I have a GSR STX in 5" that I absolutely love. I bought it about six months ago and it has been a great pistol. Its very accurate, reliable and easy to shoot. The recoil is on par with any other 5" 1911 I have shot. Its not as accurate as my Les Baer but it is awfully close.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

I had a GSR that was very good, and just like what was mentioned, it was disproportionately accurate (more accurate than what I paid for it). I have several 1911's, including kimbers, an ed brown, wilson, and high-end springfields, which is the only reason I decided to trade it in. It actually took me a while to trade it, because I liked it enough to refuse any lowball offers for it. I'd have rather kept it than gotten shafted on its value. It had low muzzle flip, and tracked straight up and down during rapid fire, and cycled very smoothly. There was very little play in the slide to frame fit, but still fired without problem when dirty (as you would expect from a Sig). The only drawback I can think of was the trigger, which in comparison to my other 1911's (high end/custom, long time 1911 manufacturers) had quite a bit of "creep." It still had a crisp break, and it wasn't enough to effect my accuracy. I think that for the price paid for it, you will be very happy with it.

Links