The Skyy Cpx-1 Range Report

This is a discussion on The Skyy Cpx-1 Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One of my students purchased a SKYY CPX-1 , 9mm and I shot it at the range yesterday . To my "surprise" it was very ...

Thread: The Skyy Cpx-1 Range Report

One of my students purchased a SKYY CPX-1 , 9mm and I shot it at the range yesterday . To my "surprise" it was very accurate !!!! We were shooting at 7 - 10 yards and fed every type of ammo we could w/out a malfunction (200rds) .It was keeping 1"-2" groups consistantly . For those with BIG hands the trigger has a long but smooth pull and every couple of shots the recoil caused my BIG hands to engage the ambi safety but my student had no problems .IMO this little gun is better than the KEL TEC of the same size . For the price of $260.00 it was not a bad purchase. I would recommend this gun for somebody with small or average hands because of the safety sitting low . It has a lifetime warranty and comes with 2-10rd mags and finger extensions . It's not for me but it is accurate and would make a good carry pistol .
    '

Reach for the Skyy!
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    Reach for the Skyy!
    Okay, Woody!

I've had one for a little over a year now, with around 800 rounds downrange with no problems. While several will bash them as ket tec clones, they are head and shoulders above the KT. Better fit and finish; doesn't need a fluff and buff, in other words, you buy it, load it, and go shooting.
    They are a three year old company and having growing pains, trying to move and introduce a couple additional models, and I wish them the best.
    The safety has been an issue as you stated, but most either sand down the button or put double sided tape under it, rendering if off.

Now spelled Sccy

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Heard a bunch of metallurgy problems with these guns, broken firing pins, sheered off slide stops and whatnot, even a broken slide if I remember correctly.

Read this on their own forum. Too much like keltec, just nicer looking.
    Obama didn't get elected to warranty your muffler. He's here to warranty your life.

I've got one and the only problem I had was the safety going on by it self when I shoot it. I fixed the problem by drilling a detent and streaching the spring to make it engage a bit stronger. Other then that I've had no problem but it bothered me when I first purchased it. I contacted them and they suggested dropping a piece of paper clip down the spring hole to make the spring longer. I liked my way better.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

unethical company? I believe one of their officers went on boards bashing competition anonymously. Until he was caught! + the quality issues. + the gun looks and feels fat, for a supposedly small CCW gun. + it looks ugly.

I think it looks far better than my Kel-Tec, which I am parting ways with also, because of crappy quality and it keeps on breaking.

Just can't trust a gun that isn't even close to reliable!
    Obama didn't get elected to warranty your muffler. He's here to warranty your life.

I had one for quite a while and even posted a report on it here. I got rid of it. The whole company just bothers me.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

Sponsored Links