Which gun for CCW? - Page 2

Which gun for CCW?

This is a discussion on Which gun for CCW? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Said it a hundred times XD is is rock solid reliable. Eats everything I feed it. Feels perfect in my hand, hits whatever I point ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Said it a hundred times XD is is rock solid reliable. Eats everything I feed it. Feels perfect in my hand, hits whatever I point it at. The XD intuitive safeties that will not slow my responce time by giving me something extra to do or make a mistake with, that could cost me my life. The XD is smaller and lighter, which equals easier to conceal and carry all day. All at less than half the price. The other $500.00 plus buys alot of add ons & custom work. Lots & lots of practice ammo or even a decent training class.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

You certainly won't go wrong with either one, personally I like my XD. IMHO, get the one you feel most comfortable with and shoot best.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Both are great. Though if you can shoot and handle them both equally then I say the SIG all the way. You will not regret it later.

If you have shot them both, they will feed any ammo, I think you will already know the one that is right for you. Go with your gut, both are quality weapons, and maybe the weapon you will one day bet your life on!
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Before jumping on the Sig bandwagon. Give some thought as to how you're going to carry and conceal which ever you choose. Both will do you a fine job.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

I have never regreated buying my Sigs and carry my P239 40 as often as I can. IF you want to look at a CPO (Certified Pre Owned) They are about 500.00 and have been checked out by Sig. Usally Police turn in. I have owned 3 CPO's and never had a problem with any of them. The last I bought was my P239 CPO came with night sites installed.

1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    There are so many Sig models available that I was uncertain which one the "P220 Combat" was. So I looked it up on the Sig website:

The MSRP on the gun is $1,143.
    Oh yes...I'd go with this Sig...in a sec.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

first of all, welcome to the forum.can"t answer for the sig. never shot one,
    but used to have the xd-9 service.sorry i got ridof it. handled well and shot
    pretty good.might suggest trying a fewdiffrent models at a range and
    pick up which one works best for ya.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links