Which gun for CCW?

Which gun for CCW?

This is a discussion on Which gun for CCW? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been debating between a Springfield XD 45 compact and a sig P220 combat. Both are great guns, I have shot both of them ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which gun for CCW?

Which gun for CCW?

I have been debating between a Springfield XD 45 compact and a sig P220 combat. Both are great guns, I have shot both of them and liked different things about both. I love the look and feel of the sig in my hand, but is it worth the extra expense or am I better off saving a little money on the XD. All opinions appreciated

Thanks

If the Sig feels better in your hand, I'd go that route. If you get the XD you'll always wish you had the Sig, too. Maybe you'll end up with both, but my advise is to get whichever feels more natural in your hand, and you said that's the Sig.

I've shot both and I'd say the Sig has a nicer trigger, but I like the grip safety, chamber indicator and lighter weight of the XD too. Both are great guns with good reliability records, and neither would be a bad choice. Again, get the one that feels better in your hand.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Administrator
    Your carry firearm is the firearm that you'll eventually be betting your hide on when and if the chips go down.

You'll need every advantage.

Buy the one that your gut is telling you that is best for you.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

The XD is a good gun I shot the .40 and .45 alot, But I would rather have the sig. If it feels better in your hand, it's a no brainer!! To me Sigs are only second to H&K!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

So you know what he is talking about...

There are so many Sig models available that I was uncertain which one the "P220 Combat" was. So I looked it up on the Sig website:

The MSRP on the gun is $1,143.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Awsome weapon!! I have to get me another Sig!!

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Size Matters

I love Sigs, and my next handgun will be a P220. However, while it is very comfortable in the hand, it simply can't touch the size of that XD, especially considering weight. Perhaps that is a consideration...
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Size may be the factor, The sig is more gun in every way!!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    To me Sigs are only second to H&K!!
    There is much to learn grasshopper.

I'd buy the Sig, its a no brainer.
    "Just blame Sixto"

If you can, shoot them both at the same range session. Which feels better in your hand? On the firing line start at low ready and close your eyes. Bring the pistol up to a firing position and open your eyes. Are the sights lined up where you want them? How easy is it for you to manipulate the controls? For some people weight is a factor. Even though I am left handed and Sigs are not the lightest pistols out there, I now own four of them. They are just the right ones for me. I trust my life to Sig every day.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    There is much to learn grasshopper.

I'd buy the Sig, its a no brainer.
    So, wise one, learn me something what would you put over my beloved H&K's? I have not put enough rounds thru my kimber yet. Please say anything other then glocks.

VIP Member
    Get the SIG!

Is there any chance you can try both guns at a local range or from a friend before you buy? That would settle the issue for you!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

if those are the only two you're considering, go with the SIG.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record...the sig.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Personally, I would go with the SIG - well built, very reliable and they should shoot just about anything you feed them. I purchased a P220 back in 1998 and it shoot everything I ever feed it - not one FTF or FTE - ever.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links