Quality Pocket Guns

Quality Pocket Guns

This is a discussion on Quality Pocket Guns within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kahr PM9, Rohrbaugh P9s, Ruger LCP, are a few I've been daydreaming about, but am willing to consider others, would like to here from folks ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quality Pocket Guns

Quality Pocket Guns

Kahr PM9, Rohrbaugh P9s, Ruger LCP, are a few I've been daydreaming about, but am willing to consider others, would like to here from folks who own/carry these and similar sized pistols, what you like/dislike, your prefrences, etc...

I have a Kahr PM9, but prefer my S&W 442 in the pocket.

It is more concealable, as it's just a "lump" and not identifiable as a gun. Also, it draws easier from the pocket than the PM9 does, as well as being a "hair" more reliable IMHO. The last, but not least advantage, it's good for more than one shot when fired from inside the jacket pocket.

Biker

S&W 642 for me. Weighs less than my normal pocket full of change. Coupled with a Kramer horsehide pocket holster it disappears in any pocket. Fully rated for +P also.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I carry a 442 in a Kramer pocket holster. Concealability, easily carriable, quality, durability and reliability all rolled into one 15 ounce package.

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I carry an R9S in a Galco pocket holster. Can't beat it for ease of carry, and the gun is surprisingly accurate for a sub-compact.

The Rohrbaugh, like an exotic car, is expensive to buy and requires diligent maintenance. It only likes certain ammos and requires recoil spring replacement at 100 rounds. It's not a range gun, as you'd be hard pressed to put more than 100 rounds through it in a session (it's "snappy", to say the least). If you can live with these things, the R9S is a great gun.

Would I buy it again? Yep, sure would.

For me the S&W 642 is the ultimate pocket carry. I actually forget it's on my person alot of the time even with a couple of speedstrips. I like the freedom of being able to move and carry myself as if Im not carrying. I love my XD40sc but it feels like a brick compared to my 642. I cant imagine carrying around extra mags for it. I actually use two speedstrips instead of an extra mag.

Here are a couple of pics with the Mika pocket holster and one with the Bianchi IWB holster.

Springfield XD-40 SC
    Smith&Wesson 642
    AR-20 .22LR Sporter Rifle

I carry a Seecamp .32 in a Ron Graham "Reno" holster with sharkskin trim. It is pretty much invisible in my front pocket. As long as you use the right ammunition my Seecamp is as reliable as they come.

Hmmm, Hadn't even considered a wheelgun, but they seem to have quite a following here, so I'll have to go check them out. Does smith make the airweight J-frame in a 9mm, so it could be reloaded with moon clips?

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Don't forget the Seecamp LWS .380. I've got one and a Del Fatti black alligator PH-3 on order. Pricey but it looks like something I'll keep forever. I may pick-up a Ruger LCP in the meantime for those days when I need something smaller than my PM9.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Another Seecamp carrier here. It is small enough and light enough to go anywhere. Hiding some small guns in a pocket becomes a chore and some are downright impossible to hide without cargo pockets. If you want a pistol you can carry in shorts, slacks, formal or informal, then it has to be pretty small. I carry mine mostly in a RJ Hedley front pocket holster.
    Last edited by ripley16; March 16th, 2008 at 06:06 PM.

You can not beat an S&W J-frame.

But for me I ware shorts most of the year, and don’t like the bulk, of the wheel gun. So I carry a cheep little Kel-Tec P3AT 380 or a North American Arms 25 NAA (read 25 magnum)

Both in a Nemesis holster.

I would not call either of them a quality handgun, but they do pass as a great concealable pocket gun.

• Would I take them to the range and try firing them 1000 times. NO
    • But, I do count on them to provide protection, when carrying a larger pistol is not an option.

I have a downpayment on a new Ruger LCP 380......looks to be a nice pocket gun.
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Actually my department gave out a Ruger LCP as a gift to each of the reserve officers for appreciation. I still carry my S&W 642. I just did not care for the Ruger LCP and unfortunately I cannot sale it per our contract so it will be staying in the safe.

The lightweight J-Frames are an awesome carry/backup gun and provide a little more power than the .380 cartridge. Though to answer the question I do not believe that S&W offers them in a 9mm.

Here's mine:

Model 3032 Tomcat Caliber 32ACP
    Type Semi-Automatic Pistol Finish Matte Black
    Additional Specifications
    Action: Double Action
    Stock: Plastic Grips
    Capacity: 7+1
    # of Mags: 1
    Safety: Manual Thumb Safety
    Sights: Front: Blade Rear: Drift Adjustable
    Barrel Length: 2 7/16"
    Overall Length: 5"
    Weight: 14 1/2 oz
    Add'l Features 1: Tip-Up Barrel

I usually just point shoot it because the sights are minimal. I'm considering a Crimson Trace grip, but at $250... ouch!

One drawback- the slide does not lock back on an empty mag, so no fast reloads.

Add another to the Seecamp fan list. Extremely well made and completely reliable.

I have a .32 that I pocket carry and have a .380 on order.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links