The wife giving me hell because I own 6 handguns

This is a discussion on The wife giving me hell because I own 6 handguns within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 19 handguns, 2 rifles, 2 shotguns those are cartridge guns, I also have 2 black powder pistols, 1851 Navy .36 cal revolver and .54 cal ...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The wife giving me hell because I own 6 handguns

VIP Member
    19 handguns, 2 rifles, 2 shotguns those are cartridge guns, I also have 2 black powder pistols, 1851 Navy .36 cal revolver and .54 cal single shot plains pistol. 2 TC Hawkins rifles, 1 .50 cal, 1 .54 cal. and a Lymans .54 cal Great Plains rifle.

Hmmmmmm.....I think I may need to go shopping again!!

2. Remove Ads

me
    Currently 4, .a .22 a .380 a 9mm and a .40

But theses are in the last 2 years. I wish I could continue my pace but life is catching up. Oh yeah I am 23. 6 handguns is nothing, dad has 4 and my uncle has at least 4. Almost all of these will most likely be mine (have to work that out with the sister.)
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I feel so, so, so, inadequate with only a USPf9, P2000/9, Browning Buckmark Camper, Ruger Single Six.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

I'm sure I'll be flamed for this one!

OK, guys. Shoes and most handbags don't count...you'd be pretty hot under the collar if ONE pair of her shoes were the same price as ONE of your handguns. Apples to apples, please.

This is a simple fix: find her love language, learn it and speak it...and invest in her. Trust me, your investment will pay off. You'll get more guns. AND you just might get a shooting buddy, which eventually equals even more guns...and then a bigger safe!
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

Which one do you carry? The same gun most of the time or do you switch it up?

My wife has 5 horses... Well, 4 with one on the way. I make sure her hobbies take precedence over mine. After all, if I don't feed the guns or the jeep, they won't die. If she needs something for her horses she'll get it. This seems to keep me in her good graces.

When I came home with a M&P 3 weeks ago, she didn't even bat and eye. When I brought home a 20ga. over and under (technically it was for her) she didn't think twice, even though it was 5 days later. I will no longer buy guns for her while she is not present though. The shotgun was a surprise gift, because she likes to shoot clays with the son and I. Too bad the shotgun doesn't fit her all that well. Win some, lose some.

But between the horses, feed, hay, vet bills, etc, I sill spend less on Jeeps and Guns (and those few that know me, know my jeeps aren't exactly what we would call stock).

I am looking for a new pocket pistol and I just got my permission slip signed when the wife found a store selling a Wii. She got the last one using my CC and now I will have no problem springing the new pistol on her. I have found if you find an opportunity to get her something she wants then it is 100 times easier to get the things I want. Good luck in your "quest" =)

I have 1x1911,1xTaurus .38, 1xCW9, 1xXD99sc, 1xPheonix .25, 1xAK47,1xSKS, 1xMossSemi, 1xMoss Pump,1x 30-30, 1x 10-22 = 11 total

Inside

Only 10 pistolas and 4 long guns...
    That's my story and I'm stickin' to it...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Define have.......

my wife and i have 9 handguns. 4 of them are ones she picked out. :)

Cool Hide 'em one at a time!

Hide one. Tell the wife you got rid of it. Buy one. See where I'm going w/this? I've been divorced for 13 yrs so taking advise from me is probably not a good idea.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedaisy View Post
    OK, guys. Shoes and most handbags don't count...you'd be pretty hot under the collar if ONE pair of her shoes were the same price as ONE of your handguns. Apples to apples, please.
    I dunno where you find your purses and shoes, but i know my significant other has partaken in quite a few "guilty purchases" A good pair of leather women's shoes that are comfortable and stylish is at least $75 (often many hundreds more, according to her ) and a serious purse is in the 200-300 range. Now why someone needs 50 pairs of shoes and 2 dozen purses is beyond me, but I guess she is pretty cute.

I have this system where i sell a bunch of old garage sale type junk in craigslist or on ebay and use my new found "junk" money to buy more junk. Try to find fault in that? Not only are you not spending "real" money, but you are helping de-clutter the house too!

Ideally, 3 handguns, 2 rifles, and a shotgun sounds about minimum for me.

I have many more that that and if you asked my wife how many I had she will say " I have no idea, probably a lot".

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedaisy View Post

This is a simple fix: find her love language, learn it and speak it...and invest in her. Trust me, your investment will pay off. You'll get more guns. AND you just might get a shooting buddy, which eventually equals even more guns...and then a bigger safe!
    1 handbag = 1 holster

Five Love Languages: Amazon.com: The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate: Gary Chapman: Books
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    How many pair of shoes does she own?
    Now, SIXTO--That's hardly fair. The little lady gets a shoe for each foot. Why shouldn't he be able to get pairs of guns?
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links