Defensive Carry banner

Kahr P380

47K views 126 replies 78 participants last post by  gdbrown56 
#1 ·
Hello, Ive been lurking this forum for the past couple of months now. Today I stumbled acrossed Kahr's website and noticed they have a new model soon to ship. Kahr Arms / .380 Models / P Series

My EDC is a Kimber UC II. Im used to the 1911 platform and am no stranger to handguns. Recently, Ive been toying with the idea of purchasing a BUG. When I first saw the Kahr P380 I instantly became intrigued by it.

That being said, What can anyone tell me about the .380 platform. I have never shot one, and have been curious as to its stopping power. Im in no way trying to start a war on which caliper bullet is better(.45vs 9mm, etc.). Im only trying to find some insight to the .380. Any info would be highly helpful. Thanks.

#40 ·
With all the new 380 pistols being offered, I would hope more ammo choices will also follow. It would be nice to find a wide selection of 380+p ammo.

I have a P-3at and sure would like a LCP, now I see the Kahr, how many 380's does one REALLY need??? Is 3 too many?

Z

#43 ·
Ditto.

I've owned a Kahr P9 as my primary carry for 3 years, and have no complaints whatsoever - to the extent that I've fallen a bit "out of the loop" on what's available.

I've been thinking about a .380 lately though, for when I'd prefer to carry something really small. I'll be keeping an eye on this one ;)

#42 ·
I own a Kahr PM9 and have a Ruger LCP on order. I am also thinking about buying a Kimber Custom II for range and home defence. I'm wondering if I should just sell (exchange) my Kahr since I will probably always carry the Ruger LCP in my pocket... Thoughts?

#106 ·
I have nothing against Kahr. Sooner or latter I plan on buying a 9mm Kahr PM9, Kahr P9, or I might go with the 9mm Walther PPS. I have also considered a .380. Mostly focused on the Kel-Tec options.

The Jan. 2009 Guns & Ammo rehashed a lot on Kahr P380 series. I have fired the P-3AT Kal-Tec. I have not shot the Kahr P380.

Oh, drat - here I was thinking I didn't need another .380 backup weapon...
What is the $200 to $300 greater value (esp considering the caliber) between the lower priced Kal-Tec and the Kahr?

Might be a gun that you need to carry fmj's in for more penetration.
A few people I have spoken to suggest FMJ might be the way to go for reliable feed, penetration, and because it is questionable how much added value hollow points would provide in this caliber.

#54 ·
I thought my P-3AT would outlast all of them, but that Kahr is impressive...just when I thought I had limited my purchases...damn!:aargh4:

Stay armed...quit reading these threads...stay safe!

#55 ·
Is this in the stores yet? Anyone have one, tried one?

#61 ·
If the Ruger LCP is a copy of the keltec, it's a copy X 10. Much better gun, much better finish and they actually recall and fix, on their dime, any problems. Something Keltec never did. Kahr makes excellent guns and I like them.

#65 ·
I am certainly not a Kel Tec fan and generally love Rugers, but one thing Kel Tec is known for is good customer service. They will make the pistol right if you send it back to them. They are generally well designed and innovative handguns but at the price point they sell for you are not going to get a hand finished gun internally and they often need the old "fluf and buff" treatment. I purchased an LCP and quickly lost faith in the gun and traded it in for a PM9 and have never looked back. I own several CCW handguns (10+) including, CZ's, S&W's, Ruger's and XD's and the Kahr is one of my favorite carry guns.

#66 ·
I for one hope it takes a long time getting to the shelf, because once it does I'm going to be sorely tempted to get it. I have a P3AT and an LCP and love them both. I personally think those two are the ultimate true pocket carry out of everything currently available and the P380 may just be the best of the best. I believe the slide locks back after the last round and it actually has sights! I have to Kahrs and both have been absolutely perfect with any ammo I've ever put in them so here's hoping!:danceban:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.