For those who carry a Glock 19...

This is a discussion on For those who carry a Glock 19... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am wanting a Glock 19 as my next handgun. I know that Glocks have a great reputation and I like the way the Glock ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who carry a Glock 19...

For those who carry a Glock 19...

I am wanting a Glock 19 as my next handgun. I know that Glocks have a great reputation and I like the way the Glock 19 feels in my hand. I also like having a rail to put a light on while it is on nightstand duty. But... How well does a Glock 19 carry and conceal? It is a bit bigger than anything else I have carried and I'm a bit nervous about being able to conceal it well. So, how do you guys carry your Glock 19's? Pictures are welcome as usual.

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    The G19 is my second favorite (sometimes first) carry gun. It carries very well, but a quality holster/belt is a must. A pocket pistol it isnt.

I really like the Comp-Tac Infidel for the G19. Its a nice set up for winter or summer.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I carry a Glock 23 (exactly the same size as the 19) and I have no problem concealing my 23 at all. I carry outside the waistband as I find IWB uncomfortable. I carry my 23 in a Blackhawk CQB SERPA holster and I really have no issues concealing it with just an unbuttoned button up style shirt over my T-shirt.

Go with the 19, you'll love it and you'll never go back.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

In my honest opinion----I waited too long to get the G19! It's slowly becoming my favorite over the G27 for EDC! I use the same two holsters that I have for the G27 to carry the G19 IWB with just a bit of forward shift. My MTac, and my most often used DeSantis 'scorpion'. Not that much difference in the baby Glock and the compact IMO. Well worth every bit. I can't believe I waited so long for it! I love my G27 and have for years of carry. When they say the G19 is the #1 pistol in the Glock line-up, they aint lyin'. If I had to sell them all and keep one---this would be it! Carry and concealed? No problem. I know what this years' summer option will be.

(el cheapo Uncle Mikes at the ranch)

The DeSantis rig with either the G27 or G19 is second to none in my opinion. Just a little bit of shift is all that's needed.

Lead Moderator
    No pics , but my buddy is about 5-8" , 160 lb. he conceals his G-19 very well under just a t shirt in a IWB holster.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I carry my G19 in a CTAC, which conceals fine with a good cover shirt/fleece/vest/jacket. It's tuckable, but I rarely wear it that way.

I sometimes use a jsholsters.com OWB paddle if I know I'll be in a heavier cover garment the whole time.

Both are very comfortable with either a beltman or the sturdy Carhart 2-ply leather/webbing belt. Sorry, no pics.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

It carries perfectly.

The only way it could conceal better is if it had a cloaking device.

Wink

I also carry a g23 at times. and I find it very easily concealed iwb or owb.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I carry my Glock 19 in a Blackhawk Serpa holster during the winter, but the summer I carry it in a Com-Tac MTAC IWB holster. It conceals well either way. Just find a good holster/belt combination and you'll be good to go!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

It's a great carry gun(even though I know longer carry it)...It has that "just right" feel to it for me as well. With a good holster it will vanish. You won't be disappointed.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

I carry one both on duty and as a ccw as well. It is an excellent firearm for ccw. I have no problem concealing it with my blackhawk serpa, ttgunleather IWB, or Bluegrass OWB.

kpw
    It's no pocket pistol but with the right gear, it conceals easily. A good belt and holster and a good IWB holster will cover most situations perfectly. Every holster maker offers something for it and good choices abound. It's funny but I shot the G19 for the first time 20 years ago when they first came out. At the time, we couldn't believe how small it was.

I carry my G19 in a Blackhawk Serpa CQC or a Galco Stow-and-Go IWB. It conceals just as well as my Kahr CW9.

I carry mine in a cheapie Passport pancake holster, inside the belt (its an ambidextrous holster and has straps on both sides) outside my pants. in a longer shirt, Its easily concealed.

Ill echo what folks are saying, get a good holster that holds it close to the body.

Wow, it seems like a lot of you like the Blackhawk Serpa holsters. I am leaning towards getting a CTAC for it. I have a CTAC for my J Frame that I really like, so I thought that would be a good bet. Thanks for all the help and reply's guys. Keep 'em coming.

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links