New, Kahr CW9 w/ pics.

This is a discussion on New, Kahr CW9 w/ pics. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I've been researching and looking for my first handgun for about 6 months now. I really had my heart set on a XD ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New, Kahr CW9 w/ pics.

New, Kahr CW9 w/ pics.

Hey guys, I've been researching and looking for my first handgun for about 6 months now. I really had my heart set on a XD 9mm subcompact, but none of the shops around had one. Saw a Kahr CW9 that caught my eye and bought it as soon as I held it in my hand. It feels so nice.

After the long 3 day waiting period (don't have my CCW yet) finally got it home today. I haven't shot it yet, but it feels really tight. It was such a pain to take apart. It's obviously going to need the 200+ round breakin period. The thing was bone dry, I could barely even rack the slide to get it to lock back. Some of the polymer is actually scratched up from me and probably the gun store guy trying to rack the slide.

I'm gonna clean it up after my cleaning kit gets here from midway and probably won't get to shoot it for at least another week. But in the mean time, here are some pics:

2. Remove Ads

She's a beauty. The CW9 is a fantastic firearm, good choice.

Are the rails on your polymer frame scratched up Matiki? It's probably nothing, but I'm worried about mine.

Senior Moderator
    Nice pistol
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomHDM View Post
    Are the rails on your polymer frame scratched up Matiki? It's probably nothing, but I'm worried about mine.
    Are you talking about the polymer rails? Mine got chewed up a bit at first but they're smooth now. The slide rides on metal inserts in the receiver, and those were fine.

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    Are you talking about the polymer rails? Mine got chewed up a bit at first but they're smooth now. The slide rides on metal inserts in the receiver, and those were fine.
    Ya, mine are really chewed up, but it doesn't look like it's a big deal. I can't wait to get to the range

Thanks for the tasty photos. I've had my CW9 for about a year and think it's a great carry weapon.

Thumbs up

My CW9 is my daily carry gun and is on my hip right now. Don't worry after a couple of hundred rounds it will loosen right up, you made a great choice! I have around 600 rounds through mine with everything from reloads to Gold Dot +P and it has performed flawlessly.

Here's my new CW9, along with the SP101 that the Kahr replaced for my ccw:

Very nice. Congrats!

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Very nice, congratulations. Now take it out and shoot the snot out of it:)

Well I finally got out to the range today and put like 50 rounds into her before the polymer handle started to really dig into my palm so I called it an early night. I only have 1 magazine so stopping and reloading really threw off my flow. The DAO trigger takes a few mags to get used to, I shot really low to the left at first but after 10 rounds or so I started putting all the shots within a 4'' groupings COM. The recoil was surprisingly snappy and it was hard to shoot fast, I don't think it was my grip or the ammo.. perhaps just the nature of this small gun. I had 2 failure to feeds within the first 20 rounds, but the 30 rounds or so afterwards were fine.

Congrats on the purchase. The CW9 is a great gun.

I didn't want to make a new thread, so I'm digging up my old: I've caught the buying bug, I really want another handgun to go along with this CW9 I just bought. The CW9 is going to be my EDC once I get my permit, but I need something for around the house and for the range.

I want something with a bigger capacity, the CW9 only gives me 7+1. I've been looking into the Glock 19/23 and the XD service 9/40. I think the range has those guns available for rent, so I'm definitely gonna shoot them over the next few weeks. Any suggestions?

Adding on to my range report from above: I've put about another 100 rounds into the Kahr CW9 this weekend bringing the total up to 150 rounds and I had no failures of any kind after the 2 FTEs in the first outing.
    Heavily armed.
    Collection: Kahr CW9, M&P 15-22, Walther P22, Glock 19.
    Sold: XD9 4'', Kimber 1911 Series II compact, FNP-9
    Shopping list: Springfield EMP 9mm, M&P 15 .223

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomHDM View Post
    I didn't want to make a new thread, so I'm digging up my old: I've caught the buying bug, I really want another handgun to go along with this CW9 I just bought. The CW9 is going to be my EDC once I get my permit, but I need something for around the house and for the range.

I want something with a bigger capacity, the CW9 only gives me 7+1. I've been looking into the Glock 19/23 and the XD service 9/40. I think the range has those guns available for rent, so I'm definitely gonna shoot them over the next few weeks. Any suggestions?

Adding on to my range report from above: I've put about another 100 rounds into the Kahr CW9 this weekend bringing the total up to 150 rounds and I had no failures of any kind after the 2 FTEs in the first outing.
    1 vote for an XD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links