Questions for HK lovers/owners or anybody I guess

This is a discussion on Questions for HK lovers/owners or anybody I guess within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SSKC SW, Any of the H&K's will be reliable to a fault. I have shot the P7M8 and the USPc40. When the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions for HK lovers/owners or anybody I guess

Cool Now thinking of switching to the H&K LEM From PO

Quote Originally Posted by SSKC
    SW,

Any of the H&K's will be reliable to a fault. I have shot the P7M8 and the USPc40. When the trigger is pulled, they go bang.

I carry the USPc40 regularly under an untucked polo shirt. No problem for me at 5'9"/190. I think the beggest factor in concealment is quality leather. My Del Fatti holsters keep it in real tight to my body. Less than quality belt and holster would make the USP's "blockyness" more difficult to conceal, IMHO.

I like the LEM trigger. It has a long stroke, with very little resistance until about the last 1/4" of travel. Break is reasonably clean. Short reset, maybe 1/8". It is the only type I've carried, so I can't address the other variants.SSKC
    Thanks to another poster who recommended I go hang out on 1911forum.com I have been able to put together enough info to suggest to me that a TAC-4 is going to be an unacceptable choice for CCW. Therefore I have shifted my focus to the USP with the LEM trigger. is the pull on the LEM smooth or gritty like the other H&K's? Resistance is not what I'm speaking of. I mean does it "feel" as if it's got sand in the action? It can have little resistance and still have that scritch scritch scritch sensation. How's THAT for descriptive?

Is there a forum like the 1911forum.com that is for owners of the H&K guns? Or someplace where I can get more feedback?
    Last edited by ExSoldier; September 25th, 2005 at 12:43 PM.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I carry a USPc in .45. For me, it's the easiest shooting .45 I've handled, and it is consistently reliable and accurate. It's concealable on my 105 lb. body with just a t-shirt covering it (I carry it in a bellyband a 4 o'clock).
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Exsoldier Try www.hkpro.com

Lead Moderator
    or check on AR15.com as well. they have a handgun section with lots of brands .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links