I blame you guys for this!!! (I'm now a victim of the P7 bug)

This is a discussion on I blame you guys for this!!! (I'm now a victim of the P7 bug) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After reading all the great P7 posts on here, I started thinking maybe I would like to get one someday. I even justified the idea ...

Thread: I blame you guys for this!!! (I'm now a victim of the P7 bug)

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar

After reading all the great P7 posts on here, I started thinking maybe I would like to get one someday. I even justified the idea by excusing the purchase as a business expense. After all, I have had numerous inquiries about when I was gonna start making holsters for these, right...... Well, that's what I kept telling myself, anyhow.

I was toying with the idea, but I didn't think I would get around to it for at least a year or so. Then I saw this beauty; A 1981 Arlington, Va P7 that had been someone's safe queen, with three mags and no wear. I think if it hadn't been for you guys and all of your bragging on the P7, I would have been able to resist it. Now I find myself in the middle of an H&K spending spree, with more mags and a take down tool already on the way. The spending won't stop there either. I am still faced with the temptation of buying a set of night sights and a pelican case to keep the pistol in. Look what you've done!!!

Suffice it to say, I will soon be making holsters for the P7 PSP clones. I got the training replica to mold holsters 'cause the gun was just too pretty. If any of you need a training dummy, send me an e-mail via my web site and I will get you in contact with the guy that makes them.

This thing was like new when I picked it up. I've put the only wear on it has been inflicted by me since I got it home (playing with the action and dry firing it with snap-caps). I can't wait to take it out and shoot it this weekend.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Great find!

Absolutely gorgeous. I'm only slightly jealous.

verrry nice!! I want one
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I made the mistake of hanging out at the Park Cities Tactical "Cult of the P7" forum a few years ago. Wound up buying the M8 type, first gun I ever bought "just out of curiosity." Really neat gun, great features and easy to shoot, just didn't really need it. Few guns look better in a nice hard chrome, that was for sure. Looks like a hard gun to design one for fit from a holster maker's perspective, maybe? Heavy butt, short barrel...any thoughts on that?
    What Would Gumby Do?

Forums are usually a good place to spend your money.

If ya get tired of it and want to throw it away, just let me know

(Then I'll have two !! )

JD
    Administrator
    You'll have a "blast" shooting it! Just remember, it does get warm pretty quick, and hot not too far after, don't shoot too many strings of rapid fire once it starts to warm up.

I with the M13s weren't so expensive, the one thing I don't like about the P7 is that it goes empty waaaayyyyy to quick, as it is such a fun gun to shoot.

Hey Jeff, welcome to the addiction!
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

Nice gun and even nicer hide its sitting on.
    Kenny

SUPER SWEET! Been wanting one of those for years, now I know where there is one locally and can't spend the money... I am JEALOUS... Good shooting and enjoy...
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

Links