Tottally Sweet Tradin' Today

This is a discussion on Tottally Sweet Tradin' Today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today I lost my only Ruger firearm and my only 9x19 pistol and I really don't give a flying bag of walrus crap. For you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tottally Sweet Tradin' Today

Tottally Sweet Tradin' Today

Today I lost my only Ruger firearm and my only 9x19 pistol and I really don't give a flying bag of walrus crap.

For you see, I am now the pround owner of TWO yes TWO XD40 service pistols.

This is so awesome. I hate semiautomatic pistols... oh how I hate them. Now I'm down to only one, and I have two of them. You have no idea how awesome this is.

I've eliminated a caliber from my collection that I don't really need and I hate having multiple service calibers anyway. From now on I can stock up on one and only one caliber. Cooper would be proud of me. I don't have a 9mm pistol any more.

Oh man this is so great. I can keep one at home and use the other one for my car/bugout gun. What's really awesome is that now my carry gun and my SHTF gun are the same thing. If I'm wearing my XD, I've got a complete set of spare parts, extra magazines, accessories, and ammunition all ready to go in the car. If I'm not wearing my XD, I have an XD in the car!

This is going to save so much hassle. I don't have to divide my efforts between two completely different manufacturers, calibers, and models any more. Same holsters, same cleaning kits, same magazines, same everything!

Long story short, I traded in my P89 and $100 to make up the difference. As far as I'm concerned that's one of the best deals ever. It happened at a good time too. I only have 210 rounds of 9mm ammunition on hand anyway.

The new one, well used actually, looks like it came from an Academy store. I got the original case and papers and 2 of the Clinton capacity magazines. Oh well you know what, that's just 2 range mags as far as I'm concerned. It has the blued finish, but for what I'm going to do with it that is not a problem. This one is going to live locked up in a Safepacker in my truck. I think it's been fired maybe 200 times.

Why anyone would sell an XD is so far beyond me. The store owner told me that two and only two XDs, and no HS2000s, had ever come through their store. Plus I know he'll sell that Ruger to someone who couldn't afford a decent gun otherwise and make about $40 in the process and whoever picks that Ruger up is going to get all the goodies for it. Everybody wins.

Plus now I have the perfect excuse to get a conversion barrel kit or two for total XD geekage. This is like the twelth or thirteenth greatest thing to ever happen. I could tottally geek this out... I should get them both finished the same and then get a double shoulder holster from Survival Sheath. That would be so geeky. I could be like a guy in a John Woo movie. I'll admit, I thought about trying shooting them akimbo.

Oh and it gets so much better... the guy showed me a 586 no dash! It wasn't NIB but it was pretty darn good. It's a shooter, but it doesn't look like crap like all the other Smiths I've ever rescued. The finish is still nice and it hasn't been abused all to heck. The previous owner took care of it. He's still pricing it. He said he'd probably want around $325. They're going to call me tomorrow and I've got first dibs. If I say I want it, they'll wait for me to get off work and pay the 10% down without even putting it in the case. Oh I got to hold it and it was so beautiful, and the trigger and the action were like butter. I'll have to layaway that one, but it's so sweet and it's all mine tomorrow. It'll be worth it. I'll have to get some factory wooden grips for it. It's just too classy for Pachmayr or Hogues. I've always wanted a nice blued Smith and a no dash 686 and this is pretty close to getting both.

This is so great I want to curl up into a little ball and squeal.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Congrats im happy for ya

The only thing that could make this better is if I stumbled on the XD40 Subcompact and Tactical so I could just have the whole family.

Nah two service pistols is plenty enough for me or anyone else really. I have two "practical" guns I don't mind kicking around that are the same now. More time for my precious revolvers...

Sounds like happy feet are dancin around. Glad you are thrilled about it. Good shooting.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

That's why I love this site. This is about the only place in the world where people may actually care how excited I am about this.

need to get some real mags now so ya have a bunch of normal caps ..

For some reason i cant love the 40 cal but if i bought on it would be a XD

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Glad you got a deal you are happy with. Sorry to see your P89 go though. Hopefully somebody will give it a loving home. I'd love a P89 to go along with my PC9 and KP95DC.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

See that's what is so awesome Bud. I already had a mess of regular capacity magazines. Now when I see them on sale I can just pick them up without having to debate whether I should get another magazine for this gun or that gun...

It's having a semiautomatic with the convenience of a revolver where the same speedloader fits more than one gun, or the same .38 caliber cartridges can be fired by four different guns.

Quote Originally Posted by CombatEffective
    Glad you got a deal you are happy with. Sorry to see your P89 go though. Hopefully somebody will give it a loving home. I'd love a P89 to go along with my PC9 and KP95DC.
    Yeah but I honestly didn't want a PC9. I kept thinking I'd get one but in the last year or so I realized I just didn't want one at all.

The Ruger P89 is a good gun that served its purpose for me. But the XD is a better gun. I'll defend the P89 to my last breath on any gun forum but the XD is just better.

I like the XDs. Maybe I'll get one at some point, but it'll probably be 9mm instead of .40SW. Course I was never going to buy another Glock, but I bought a G19 last week, and this was after setting a policy of consolidation around Ruger 9mms and the S&W 40 series.
    Shooters' Legacy

if i was gonna match rifle and pitsol it would be the beretta storm and 92 easy to find mags and lot of um course i still dont have a beretta 92 though

I guess this is easier for me in that although I appreciate the design characteristics and craftsmanship of your various service pistols, they just don't evoke any pride in ownership in me and I constantly compare them to my preferred shooting platform.

The XD is something that I wasn't exactly sure about, but after settling in with it I am content with it. It's like buying a 4 pack of dress socks and they're the most comfortable dress socks you've ever worn. But you still hate them because they're still dress socks.

Edit: Oh and I feel I should correct myself in my previous post. What I should have said was that for me the XD is just better. You may be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    if i was gonna match rifle and pitsol it would be the beretta storm and 92 easy to find mags and lot of um course i still dont have a beretta 92 though

I already had the P95 when the PC9 deal came along at a great price. I've been very pleased with both of them.
    Shooters' Legacy

Lead Moderator
    XD's are nice pistols. Glad ya could find a good deal and something ya really like.

Assistant Administrator
    This is so great I want to curl up into a little ball and squeal.
    Be my guest Euc!

Great eh - when you work a deal that really pleases - and if I was in any way going in a ''Glock type'' direction an XD would be a probable choice, tho thus far have ''avoided'' .40!

If you can snag the 586 I think you'll be pleased - I love the early versions.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links