Ruger LCP compared to Kahr PM9 Picture

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP compared to Kahr PM9 Picture within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What smilies are you referring to? I cycled the 3 types of ammo I tried through the mag, before I went to the range, and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger LCP compared to Kahr PM9 Picture

What smilies are you referring to? I cycled the 3 types of ammo I tried through the mag, before I went to the range, and didn't see any. Also, the brass is reloadable. Got a link to the pics?

It's amazing the amount of hype that gets posted, positive or negative, by folks that don't have first hand experience.

EDIT:
    Ok. You made me go and check the brass that I picked up more thoroughly. The extractor does do a little bit of the number on the case head. I didn't notice, when I looked at them at first. Are these the smilies that you are talking about? I think I would probably run a chamfer over this area, before I tried reloading them. This would in no way effect the way the round chambers, though. This is not a problem for me, as I don't intend to shoot this gun much. Maybe the extractor is a little rough to increase reliability via more positive case ejection?
    Last edited by alfack; March 26th, 2008 at 02:27 AM.

2. Remove Ads

I really dont care if there is a smiley or the case gets a little roughed up, as long as that brass clears the gun in time for the next round to get in there. And so far it has with my LCP.
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

smilies

alfack

First of all I dont go around posting "hype". The smilie pics I was referring to May have been on Glocktalk it was someone else posting their first hand experience, right now I 'm not going to take the time to find them. I dont have firsthand experience with the LCP but do have experience with the Kel-Tec smilies. If you want to know if you have smilies take the pistol to the range load a mag fire a round eject the mag and look at the next round. A smilie will be a crease ,possibly damage to the end of the bullet or possible bullet setback. You will not know if you have smilies by cycling the bullets by hand. I don't know anything about damage to the casing I was not referring to that.
    I wasn't bashing the Ruger just stating about other peoples experiences. I am in line for the LCP and hope it will be less problematic than my Kel-Tec. If the LCP is reliable and not problematic it will replace my Kel-Tec.

cashman

I didn't mean to say that you go around posting hype. I meant in general, there seems to be a lot of people who do.

I really didn't know what you meant by "smilies" as I don't have experience with the Kel-tecs.

From your description, I will say that mine doesn't have the smily problem. Thanks for the clarification. I did notice that when hand cycling rounds through it, the last round really flings further than the rest. I wonder what causes that.

For those that have the lcp will the p3at belt clip fit on it???

$259?????Holy Carp.....I may have to get one if that's all they cost.I would trust Ruger before kel-tec.....I've had a gp100,sp101,Speed 6 and security 6..all great guns..100% in all catagories.I haven't had any of their autos,but a buddy has a p90-something and it's also 100%.I think I'll go fondel one of these little babies.
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    For those that have the lcp will the p3at belt clip fit on it???
    I don't think so, but the covert carrier small sleeve will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links