Very Discouraged with my glock

This is a discussion on Very Discouraged with my glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I appreciate all the comments/suggestions/advice. I've been drying firing a ton we'll see if that helps. Also, i'm left eyed, right handed/maybe left handed? I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Very Discouraged with my glock

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    I appreciate all the comments/suggestions/advice. I've been drying firing a ton we'll see if that helps. Also, i'm left eyed, right handed/maybe left handed? I write with my left hand but do everything else with my right hand. I pick the gun up with my right hand so I think that is a sign right? I guess it doesn't matter, I can't hit $ w/ either.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDoGood View Post
    I appreciate all the comments/suggestions/advice. I've been drying firing a ton we'll see if that helps. Also, i'm left eyed, right handed/maybe left handed? I write with my left hand but do everything else with my right hand. I pick the gun up with my right hand so I think that is a sign right? I guess it doesn't matter, I can't hit $ w/ either.
    Now he tells us!

That explains why the further away you get the worse you shoot.

Cross-dominance could definitely be a factor.

I too am left eye dominant & right handed. I shoot all shoulder arms left-handed w/both eyes open; no problem. I shoot all handguns right handed b/c I have much better control of the gun. If I try to shoot w/both eyes open fugedabowdit. So, I close my left eye and presto, I become a good shot! I've also heard that even holding right handed, if you look at the sites w/your left eye that will work. I've tried it and it does work but I'm too used to closing my dominant left eye to change.

PS, b/c of the cross dominant thing, I'm a much better weak (left) hand shot.
    Last edited by KenInColo; March 27th, 2008 at 12:57 AM. Reason: last paragraph
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Sponsor
    SilenceDoGood,

Lets find whether you are left, right or neutral dominant visually.

Point your finger at some object 8-10 feet away with both eyes open. Now hold the finger there and alternate closing your left and then right eye slowly.

One of the eyes closed will move the finger off the object, the other will appear not to move. The eye that doesn't move off the object is your dominant eye.

I shoot right handed, and I'm slightly left eye dominant . This link to Jim Gregg's book is the best at explaining eye dominance and use:
    Jim Gregg's Point Shooting Gun Control Methods The chapter on "The Eye System" is outstanding and address 14 different "eye combinations."

Don't let yourself get discouraged, June 1 is not that far off and all this will become just a bad memory

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links