The Superduper Snubbie thread

This is a discussion on The Superduper Snubbie thread within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yup, that would be them Jimmy, Thanks. Got a manufacturer on them?...

Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
Like Tree423Likes

Thread: The Superduper Snubbie thread

Yup, that would be them Jimmy, Thanks. Got a manufacturer on them?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

I'm a big fan of snubby wheel guns, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    So, I have my never fired NIB 442 sitting here, and its going to become my dedicated BUG for vest carry.
    I cant leave it plain, so, I'm looking for some wood grips for a little flair- suggestions anyone?
    Look at post #97 in this thread. That picture had me wishing I bought the 442 instead of the 642.

Administrator
    Thats what I had in mind Charlie, but now I'm thinking of something a little darker, like a grey wood maybe.( like this; Item 1711002 Details: grips4guns.com)

Josh's does look sharp, maybe I'll do rosewood after all.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Yup, that would be them Jimmy, Thanks. Got a manufacturer on them?
    I don't know where they came from, the nickel 36 was one of S&W's special editions that was sold only through Camfour.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Thats what I had in mind Charlie, but now I'm thinking of something a little darker, like a grey wood maybe.( like this; Item 1711002 Details: grips4guns.com)

Josh's does look sharp, maybe I'll do rosewood after all.
    Its hard to tell without seeing them mounted on the gun. I think those grips might look better on a 642. I did not like the look of the 442 with the black rubber grips that come standard - looked like a garden tool. The 642 looks much better with to me with the standard grips. But with those rosewood grips the 442 looks really nize - completely different look.

I just started a thread of my own but here are the pics of my new snub.

Everyone seems to have the wood look going. If I was going for wood it would be the Spegel Cocobolo boot grips. Pricy but very cool.

I'm going with the white polymer Eagle Secret Service grips on my 442(IMO - classy on a black gun). They apparently have not been available since 2001, but they will be selling them at the end of this July.

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

642-1 and Ruger SP101 .357 magnum out behind the barn testing carry loads. I stuff the 642 with BB 158gr LSWCHC+P's and the SP with BB 158gr Gold Dots.

The 642-1 again. I have a bunch of pocket holsters, but the simple and inexpensive Uncle Mike's #3 is my fave.

Altamont grips

Stags and Tyler T-grip

1st generation Charter Arms Undercover loaded with BB 158gr LSWCHC Standard Pressure. Well-worn and a straight shooter - the little CA plays regular in daily carry rotation. No matter the carry, EDC reloads are BB 158gr LSWCHC Standard Pressure to keep it simple.

Chief's Specials. Model 36 no-dash and 36-7. I have since sold both of these. I only keep what I carry and though I loved-em, they had to go.

The 36-7 with Altamont grips.

rd
    nechaev likes this.
    "Little by little the look of the country changes because of the men we admire." Homer Bannon - Hud 1963
    Behind the Barn

Well,

My 642 is my main carry piece. It is just so easy to drop it and the holster in my right pocket and go. No need to look for a lose shirt, or jacket, or tail creeping up, or printing or.......

You can see by my photo, the cylinder has a bit of holster wear after years of carring in my pocket holster.....

1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

I just love snubbies. Any of these could get the nod for CC any time. As you can see, Im very partial to Colt, but would love to have an old nickel 36 too

nechaev likes this.
    Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Administrator
    Kev, tell me about the Colt with a matte black finish with the rosewood looking grips... that looks to be my speed. I know hardly anything about revolvers, trying to learn something here...
    "Just blame Sixto"

My favorite snub ever from Louder Than Words a Yost / Gunsight Custom Bodyguard

Sixto - good custom revo surfing here
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Hey Sixto, its a 80's production Colt Agent. It has an alloy frame and weighs 15oz dry. She carries 6 .38 special rds. The grips are from Jim Badger, and they are his rose wood boot grips. I absolutly love them. I bobbed the hammer myself as I carry this one ALOT. Its a fantastic revo and Id buy another one if I came across one. I dont see many around here. I paid 325.00 for this one. Not all Agents are finished like this one. Some are blued and beautiful. The anodized black finish was supposedly used in the 80's when some Colt employees went on strike, and they didnt have anyone skilled to do the great finishing they're known for, so they opted for this easy black finish. I kinda like it actually. Kevin.
    Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ak-kev View Post
    Hey Sixto, its a 80's production Colt Agent. It has an alloy frame and weighs 15oz dry. She carries 6 .38 special rds. The grips are from Jim Badger, and they are his rose wood boot grips. I absolutly love them. I bobbed the hammer myself as I carry this one ALOT. Its a fantastic revo and Id buy another one if I came across one. I dont see many around here. I paid 325.00 for this one. Not all Agents are finished like this one. Some are blued and beautiful. The anodized black finish was supposedly used in the 80's when some Colt employees went on strike, and they didnt have anyone skilled to do the great finishing they're known for, so they opted for this easy black finish. I kinda like it actually. Kevin.
    I like it, simple but a classic.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links