The Superduper Snubbie thread - Page 16

The Superduper Snubbie thread

This is a discussion on The Superduper Snubbie thread within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You are not the only one Sixto. I think I gotta have one. I'm jones-ing....

Page 16 of 99 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
Like Tree673Likes

Thread: The Superduper Snubbie thread

You are not the only one Sixto. I think I gotta have one. I'm jones-ing.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I wanted to bring this back from the dead. I've been shooting and carrying my 442 lately, and slightly less so, my 64 2".

442-1 with newly acquired Eagle SS grips in rosewood.

[IMG][/IMG]

64-2, 2" that's going to get bobbed soon.

[IMG][/IMG]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    You are not the only one Sixto. I think I gotta have one. I'm jones-ing.
    Thing is, I've never really cared much for revolvers and I don't know much about them. Lately I've been shooting my 442 a lot... they are great little guns, and its a little more of a challenge for me to shoot a combat course with one- for now at least.

Dave, where did you get the eagle grips?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sponsor
    HeadHunter,

I've also got a 640-1 357 from the early 90's thats had the hip grip and Tyler T on it since I bought it as well.

Easy carry, easier to conceal as a BUG, no holster required.

Browie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

The one revolver I will never part with, unless the wife figures out I have taken it back from her is my 2" DAO Ruger SP-101. Here it is next my next favorite revolver a 3" DAO GP-100.

The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Here's one of mine I haven't seen posted yet.
    Ole 1960's Charter Arms Undercover.
    Shoots great but probably not a good idea to run +p through it.

Sixto,

I got the grips from the classified section on the S&W forums. I found out you have to be quick for the good deals.

I have three S&W snubbies (642,640 and 60) and four if you count a S&W 686 2 1/4 " as a snubbie. Be careful about grip swapping until you fire what you are going to carry for ammo on the range. I bought pretty badgergrips for mine and then found out that shooting th 642 with them hurt like all get out. I had to put Pachmyer Compacs on it to make it liveable when firing. The other two do fine with wood grips. Try both +P and normal pressure ammo at range with multiple shots before settling on carry ammo. You will have to decide, but all of the advice on the forums did not pan out for me. practice a lot, it takes awhile to master the snub.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    ...and four if you count a S&W 686 2 1/4 " as a snubbie.
    It counts in my book!

Update on my snubbie saga; I'm getting rather good with my 442, I'm to the point that I feel confident in carrying it as my primary. I've learned a lot about shooting a revolver, I've been fortunate enough to have access to some of the best old school revolver shooters around, and they have been kind enough to entertain me. My old M36 has been a war horse for my "training", its a bit more pleasant to shoot than the air weight.
    It amazes me how all the fundamentals are the same, yet there is a lot of difference in the techniques or "tricks of the trade".

I have been very frustrated in the holster dept., I still don't have a decent holster to carry the 442 in the manner I intended to when I bought it; its been months since I ordered 3 different holsters (non custom) from three different companies; Holster guys, you need to get on the ball here before you get outsourced like everyone else.

Grips... wow. There are so many choices I still haven't decided what I want just yet. The stock Uncle Mikes boot grip works fine and I think I stick with the boot grip style, However, the U.M.'s fit stinks, and that small imperfection drives me nuts, so a replacement must be found. I'm a function over form type, so it doesn't have to be anything fancy, but if some purty wood grips are found that fills the needs, I'll buy 'em.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I see that Rhome checked in on this thread earlier... so I will share some work of his that he did for me when he was still over here in the States. It is snubby related. Now mind you, I do not still own this set up. It last rested in the hands of member PAX's Father. I assume he still has it but not certain. Not heard from her in a good while.

But it was a superb complete set for a Snubby.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    It counts in my book!

I have been very frustrated in the holster dept., I still don't have a decent holster to carry the 442 in the manner I intended to when I bought it; its been months since I ordered 3 different holsters (non custom) from three different companies; Holster guys, you need to get on the ball here before you get outsourced like everyone else.

Grips... wow. There are so many choices I still haven't decided what I want just yet. The stock Uncle Mikes boot grip works fine and I think I stick with the boot grip style, However, the U.M.'s fit stinks, and that small imperfection drives me nuts, so a replacement must be found. I'm a function over form type, so it doesn't have to be anything fancy, but if some purty wood grips are found that fills the needs, I'll buy 'em.
    My three holster picks (right now) for my 442 are the

DM Bullard IWB

Tucker Cover Up

and the one I'm waiting on...an Alessi APX

For grips I like the Eagle Secret Service, they have the lowest profile.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    ...but if some purty wood grips are found that fills the needs, I'll buy 'em.
    You might want to check out the grips on this 432PD. I think they look great.

Upgrade for the 432PD - Topic Powered by eve community

My EDC

S&W 642 with CT305
    Kershaw Blur
    Galco Concealable Belt Holster Mdl#CON158B
    Galco Ammo Carrier 2x2x2
    Fossil Watch ( Great Watch for the Price )

Click link
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...cs-my-edc.html
    S&W M&P15X | S&W 642CT
    Mossberg 500 | Remington 700 .308
    Kimber 45 Ultra Crimson Carry 2
    XD 45 Compact | XD 9mm Sub Compact
    Ruger LCP | Ruger 10/22 | Ruger SP101 357 Magnum

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmon View Post
    You might want to check out the grips on this 432PD. I think they look great.

Upgrade for the 432PD - Topic Powered by eve community
    Thanks for that, I've found a link there for very reasonable, nice looking grips.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Ok, I am not a photographer! Nor do I really know how to work my new camera, but here goes anyway. My three revolvers! I love them! Great shooters! Nothing fancy... All of them stock guns.

This is an SP-101 .357. Double action only, it was my BUG for a long time. I still carry it from time to time. I've had it about 18 years or so.

Top one is a 3" Ruger Speed Six .357. Six Shot 3" barrel was my primary for a long time. Bottom left is the SP-101 .357 I carried as a BUG. Bottom right is my wifes SP-101 in .38 Spl. Double action only it was a custom gun for a law enforcement agency in NY. It does not have the Ruger SP-101 marking on the barrel and on the left side of frame it is marked SPNY. The dealer did not know which agency it was for. It was bought NIB. We liked it so much it prompted me to get my 101 in .357. She wouldn't part with it. (Knife is Benchmade Griptillian with modified sheepsfoot and flashlight is a Palm Blaze 125 lumen LED I got off ebay. It does double duty as a Kubotan)

Another view of the wheel Rugers.

Great deal on the 3" Ruger Speed Six. Came from the US Postal Inspectors when they switched over to the Beretta 92's. Got it for $120. Discounted price because a group of us bought seven of them. My co-worker was an FFL and didn't charge us any fees. (Best armed ER in Missouri) They were all excellent guns with only a little use and slight holster wear. Came with Hogue Combat Grips. Still one of my favorite shooters.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links