The Superduper Snubbie thread

This is a discussion on The Superduper Snubbie thread within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OhShoot I like my D.M. Bullard very much. OhShoot, its a beautiful holster. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to use it as ...

Page 19 of 99 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
Like Tree673Likes

Thread: The Superduper Snubbie thread

Quote Originally Posted by OhShoot View Post
    I like my D.M. Bullard very much.

OhShoot, its a beautiful holster. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to use it as there isnt an option for a thumbbreak. My dept. requires active retention for off-duty holsters.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    OhShoot, its a beautiful holster. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to use it as there isnt an option for a thumbbreak. My dept. requires active retention for off-duty holsters.
    IWB holster w/thumbbreak is rare.

I've only seen it in a couple of cheapies ... Bianchi makes one.
    Again, though, it will probably be in a single center clip on design, which really sucks, as it places extra bulk and rigidity right on center where holster is already thickest.

You should appeal that dept. policy. Most IWB holsters are quite secure without thumbbreak. I'm sure mine would retain even if I were upside down.

- OS

New S&W 19-5 snubby

Last week I found another of the S&W K frame snubbies I seem to covet lately. This one is a 19-5 with an unusual history and finish. The US State Department has a Diplomatic Security Service responsible for protection of diplomats and embassy property. During the 1980s and early 1990s their issue sidearm was a S&W model 19 snubby with a special black matte finish instead of the usual polished blue finish. I found an unfired one of these in a collection being sold, and bought it for $445.

In 1996 the DSS went from the S&W 19 to the Sig P228, and sold off the remaining model 19s. Here is mine:

45ACP4ever likes this.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by OhShoot View Post
    IWB holster w/thumbbreak is rare.

I've only seen it in a couple of cheapies ... Bianchi makes one.
    Again, though, it will probably be in a single center clip on design, which really sucks, as it places extra bulk and rigidity right on center where holster is already thickest.

You should appeal that dept. policy. Most IWB holsters are quite secure without thumbbreak. I'm sure mine would retain even if I were upside down.

- OS
    I agree its rare, but I've found a couple quality makers who have that option for IWB. K&D, Andrews and Garritys all make IWB with thumbbreak option according to their website. I just need to make the final decision of which maker. I've got a couple cheapie IWBs, one for my issued G21(Desantis) and one for my Ruger P345(Jaypee). I agree most quality holsters are very secure without thumbbreak but I dont believe the policy will change any time in the near future.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    I agree its rare, but I've found a couple quality makers who have that option for IWB. K&D, Andrews and Garritys all make IWB with thumbbreak option according to their website. I just need to make the final decision of which maker. I've got a couple cheapie IWBs, one for my issued G21(Desantis) and one for my Ruger P345(Jaypee). I agree most quality holsters are very secure without thumbbreak but I dont believe the policy will change any time in the near future.
    Well, at least you found a couple of good ones so far...better than I expected. Hopefully, one of these will provide a comfortable, well-concealed, and departmentally legit way to carry your Ruger.

best,
    - OS

OhShoot, I think one of those holsters will fit the bill nicely for IWB for my snubbie. And I'll have time to wait for the holster as I'm not going to qualify with either of my off-duty guns until I get quality holsters. So I will have until next April to receive the holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    My 442 dressed up with newly acquired Eagle Secret Service grips in rosewood. These are the heat for low profile carry.

Nice Grips!
    "I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend" J.R.R. Tolkien

HeHere are a few of mine.

S&W 442-1

S&W 15-3

S&W 19-5

S&W 13-4
    U.S. Air Force Veteran
    ISRA Member
    NRA Member
    Smith & Wesson Collectors Association Member #2262

Administrator
    I just got to mess with a friends 327... holy cow I got to have one.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sponsor
    Pogo,

If you ever want to sell the 15-3 or the 19-5, give me first opportunity will ya? Very nice guns sir.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Since this is the thread that lead me to this sweet site I will start here.

I have a Colt Cobra (1974) The gun is currently getting a few upgrades and I will post up some pics as soon as she is back together. I am working on getting it set up for my wifes CCW and besides the grips and a small spring and detent that was missing from the crane the gun is in perfect shape! The parts came in the mail today to get it fixed and I will snap a pic in the morning. I am also looking for a good holster for my wife she is pretty small (120 lbs or so) (Don't tell her I told the world) and she usually wears the latest low rise jeans and snug shirts. I honestly have no idea were she plans on carrying a pistol but who knows? Maybe this is just another reason for her to buy more clothes!

The other one is a Rossi in .357

Last edited by RacerX; December 2nd, 2008 at 01:01 PM. Reason: fix pics

I'm tellin', tellin', tellin'!

Would be nice to see the Colt.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    I'm tellin', tellin', tellin'!

Would be nice to see the Colt.

Don't tell! I posted the pics already... Jeez! I think that may have been a record for me, I usually say I will post pics and then I wait a week or two!

Here's my little Airweight snubbie with custom rosewood grips. Those weren't cheap, but they are beautifully crafted...wouldn't trade this gun for anything.

Might as well take the picture with a couple of my money pits put together...guns and cars lol...

As you can see it's got a little bit of EDC wear, but that's only because it's my absolute favorite carry gun.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

wow, 29 pages of snubs, i thought i was the only one that liked these. i have a 629, 3'' round butt, a LS60, a 360MP, and a 351MP. i am really getting hooked on the airlites.

Links