The Superduper Snubbie thread - Page 23

The Superduper Snubbie thread

This is a discussion on The Superduper Snubbie thread within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The hardest part about removing mine was cracking the case open for the first time. Then I just plucked the linkage out with a needle ...

Page 23 of 99 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
Like Tree673Likes

Thread: The Superduper Snubbie thread

Administrator
    The hardest part about removing mine was cracking the case open for the first time. Then I just plucked the linkage out with a needle nose.
    "Just blame Sixto"

This should be a pic of my rig. MMMMM love them snubbies!
    AnthonyC likes this.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

There are several snub-nosed revolvers in my CCW and HD arsenal. Two of my primary carry guns are a S&W 642 and a Colt SF-VI. A Taurus 85 rides to work and back in my briefcase, which is kept near the front door when I am home. And I recently bought a used S&W 640 to serve as my bed-side gun (a .357, but down-loaded with .38 Spcl. for HD). I also have a Colt Det. Spcl.
    My passion, though, is 3" revolvers. I have a S&W 37, S&W 65 and a Ruger SP101, and I am looking for more.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Sixto's classic DC snubbie thread needs a bump in the month of January.

Another shot of the garden variety, circa 1966 Detective Special that hangs out here. Scarcely larger than a Smith & Wesson J-Frame revolver but holds six rounds of .38 Special 158 grain +P goodness. Easier to shoot than any J-Frame for me. Offers the accuracy of the Smith & Wesson K-Frame snubs but is more compact. Shame Colt discontinued this one.

Administrator
    How about another bump? Certainly there are some new snubs in the club now.

I got to try to get pics up of mine, although they are nothing special. Just a M36 and plain old 442. The 442 does have some war wounds already.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I haven't gotten any new snubs since I last posted here, but my 37-2 did get a slight modification to the grips.

I also put a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug .44 Special on layaway. I've been collecting reloading components for .44 Special (the only way to shoot it without breaking the bank) so I will be ready to go when I rescue it from the dealer. Once I have it, I'll post pics.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

I'll add mine...Detective Special I just added a set of Pachmayr grips to.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Not a really new gun for me (18 months +), but new pics taken today. Landric, I think you're really gonna like the Pug!

Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Anyone know who makes this holster?

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Not a really new gun for me (18 months +), but new pics taken today. Landric, I think you're really gonna like the Pug!

I think I'm really going to like it. I went with the stainless DAO since I never cock revolvers for single action anyway (of all the revolvers I have, only one even has the capability of firing in single action). Have you found a particular load your bulldog likes? I'm going to shoot handloads to break it in before I even bother trying to find a carry round for it. I'm trying to decide right now between 200 grain or 240 grain lead bullets for my first batch.

Another question, are those strips in the pics the new Tuff quick strips? I'm sure going to order some of those. I got one HKS speed loader in preparation for the Bulldog coming home, and it does not hold the ammunition still enough for my tastes at all. They wobble around way too much. Too bad Safariland doesn't make a Comp I or II for the Bulldog.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Landric View Post
    I think I'm really going to like it. I went with the stainless DAO since I never cock revolvers for single action anyway (of all the revolvers I have, only one even has the capability of firing in single action). Have you found a particular load your bulldog likes? I'm going to shoot handloads to break it in before I even bother trying to find a carry round for it. I'm trying to decide right now between 200 grain or 240 grain lead bullets for my first batch.

Another question, are those strips in the pics the new Tuff quick strips? I'm sure going to order some of those. I got one HKS speed loader in preparation for the Bulldog coming home, and it does not hold the ammunition still enough for my tastes at all. They wobble around way too much. Too bad Safariland doesn't make a Comp I or II for the Bulldog.
    I wish I could remember (or find again!) the place I got my factory reloads. Jacketed Hollow Points that were good for break in (came in a bag of 50) from some web dealer. For defensive rounds it's 200 gr. Gold Dots which you see in the pic. They fire very nicely (yep, pricey too). Haven't tried Silver Tips yet, but I won't carry them, so they'll be shot up the next range session.

And yes, those are the Tuff Quick Strips. I have a thread started on them here.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

My everyday pocket carry 642-1 is showing a bit more wear these days.

rd
    "Little by little the look of the country changes because of the men we admire." Homer Bannon - Hud 1963
    Behind the Barn

I'm going to S&W Academy this summer, so I get to buy a handgun cheap, cheap, cheap. I got my sights set on a 340M&P mainly for the XS dot front and weight. Unless of course a prelock 342PD shows up magically.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by rdrancher View Post
    My everyday pocket carry 642-1 is showing a bit more wear these days.

rd
    Why, that's just gettin' broken in!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Why, that's just gettin' broken in!
    Yep. The trigger's getting real smooth too.

rd
    "Little by little the look of the country changes because of the men we admire." Homer Bannon - Hud 1963
    Behind the Barn

Links