The Superduper Snubbie thread

This is a discussion on The Superduper Snubbie thread within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by chepo06 gunny lemme know how you fare. i too am looking at an 85 My babys home! I gotta say I really ...

Page 27 of 94 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
Like Tree477Likes

Thread: The Superduper Snubbie thread

Quote Originally Posted by chepo06 View Post
    gunny lemme know how you fare. i too am looking at an 85
    My babys home! I gotta say I really really like it. I got it for $325 out the door. If you get one you wont be disappointed.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by rmarcustrucker View Post
    It's ok...blame us.....especially if the wife finds out...we can take it.
    Ohhh boy was she mad!!! Maybe I shouldve told her Im getting a new gun before I came home with it.....

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunny79 View Post
    Ohhh boy was she mad!!! Maybe I shouldve told her Im getting a new gun before I came home with it.....
    Uhm ,maybe you should have got one for her too???
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRow1 View Post
    That's good news Bacon and bmcgilvray because I sometimes have a difficult time thinking of my 2.5 lb chunk of stainless (empty) as a "snubbie," but I have very large hands and my SW 624 3" .44 Special fills it nicely. I go with a Triple K "Secret Agent Belt Slide Holster" and a Simply Rugged ammo pouch using Tuff's 44/45 Quick Strips. . . Thanks!
    I had the blued sister of your 624, a Model 24 snub, and you're right - that's a lot of weight for a snubbie. They do come with some nice factory combat grips and if you don't mind the weight then go for it.

Since this is a photo thread:

NRA Life Member

Found this one yesterday at a gunshow in central FL. I think it was the only small pistol there not priced in the stratosphere. I even saw a Colt detective with holster wear with $1000 on it!!!

A 649-5, slightly used, for $480.00. I think I'm done buying guns for a while!

Now to find some 357 ammo......
    Thankfully it will eat my 38+P that I have on hand for now.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I finally saw a Ruger LCR yesterday and I was very impressed. It actually looked better up close than in the advertising and the test report pictures that I have seen.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Redbird, funny, I just saw my first LCR last week and I had the opposite impression. I liked it less. I was impressed with the trigger actions, that's a real plus but I didn't care for the way they machined off so much of they cylinder. It may be that it only looks so odd to me because it's so different than any other cylinder I've seen. I liked the sights and the grip was good (this one had crimson trace grips) but the weight may be too light for some. I suspect it'll be quite a snap to shoot with anything other than plain .38's.

I suspect it might be one of those guns that could grow on me. It reminds me of how I felt when I first looked at a Colt New Agent. I was bothered by the trench sites but now that I've owned one and shot it a lot, I actually love the trench.

Go figure. The one I saw was VERY expensive too and I think an example of price gouging. They were asking over $700 and maybe even $750 but don't hold me to that...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    I even saw a Colt detective with holster wear with $1000 on it!!!
    Almost all Colt double-action revolvers are priced through the roof since Colt stopped making them. If you see one for under $1000, it either likely has problems or the seller has no idea what he is doing.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    Uhm ,maybe you should have got one for her too???
    She already has one....

in 24 hours, i'm going to a part of this club.

i can't wait....

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    ...I just saw my first LCR last week.... I liked the sights and the grip was good (this one had crimson trace grips)...

...The one I saw was VERY expensive too and I think an example of price gouging. They were asking over $700 and maybe even $750 but don't hold me to that...
    MSRP for the LCR w/CT is $792. What's this price gouging you're talking about?

For $792 I can think of quite a few models of snub revolvers from several manufacturers, both new and discontinued that I'd prefer to own over the LCR.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

My new snubbie.....

And for all you lock snobs

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    in 24 hours, i'm going to a part of this club.

i can't wait....

Awesome, don't forget the picture
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Evolving snubby collection

This thread has been going on so long that I have added two new snubbies to my collection, both S&W J frames. Here is a picture of both of them together, and separately.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Links