The Superduper Snubbie thread

This is a discussion on The Superduper Snubbie thread within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey where do we get the speed strips for S&W airweight revolvers?...

Page 28 of 99 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
Like Tree673Likes

Thread: The Superduper Snubbie thread

Hey where do we get the speed strips for S&W airweight revolvers?

2. Remove Ads

pogo,

What grips are those on your 60-3, color?

Answer to question...

Quote Originally Posted by mhm2a View Post
    pogo,

What grips are those on your 60-3, color?
    The grips are Altamont boot grips in the silver/black color. The model 36 has the same grips in walnut. They cost $42 at this website:

Altamont grip website
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    Flip.....check out Midway
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

New to the forum... just plowed through this entire thread.

Some things are timeless; snubbies are one such item.

I've been carrying one or another sort of J-frame as a back-up/off duty piece since 1978. Now that I'm retired... I STILL have one on me at all times. Finally scored a pre-lock 342 last year... nirvana.

Been looking for a pre-lock 317 2"; as I age, arthitis and many years of shooting are making the recoil of the these super-light J-frames intolerable after just a few rounds of .38; even wadcutters. Getting old sucks...

I would settle for a 2" round butt Kit Gun (M-34 steel, M-35 alloy), but the few of these I've seen were priced in the stratosphere.

Boy... how nice would it be to run across a Centennial in .22LR? Too bad S&W never made that version...

My Snubbies

One for colder weather (Ruger Speed Six 2 3/4") and one for summer pocket carry (S&W 642). The 642 just arrived and I haven't even had a chance to shoot it yet... going to the range tomorrow!
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    Almost all Colt double-action revolvers are priced through the roof since Colt stopped making them. If you see one for under $1000, it either likely has problems or the seller has no idea what he is doing.
    Well, in this neck of the woods just a year ago I coud buy a good condition Detective for half of that and there were plenty to choose from. Pythons, Diamondbacks, Boas, yeah they were pretty high but the poor Detectives seemed to be in large numbers around here with lower prices......
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

My little friends.... S&W 637, Ruger SP101
    Attached Images

My taurus 445 44 spl and 450 45 colt.
    " Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master." George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    For $792 I can think of quite a few models of snub revolvers from several manufacturers, both new and discontinued that I'd prefer to own over the LCR.
    The point of my post was that asking $700 or $750 for a gun that lists for $792 is not price gouging. Asking $1000 would be gouging.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I had the blued sister of your 624, a Model 24 snub, and you're right - that's a lot of weight for a snubbie. They do come with some nice factory combat grips and if you don't mind the weight then go for it.

Since this is a photo thread:

I would love to have the blued "sister" 24 as a companion. Maybe I will run across one in the near future. My 624 is a bit of a "collectors" gun these days. Although taken care of it is "used" not stuffed away in a safe never to see the light of day. I'm not a NIB kind of guy. If I can't shoot it from time to time I won't own it. I'm about to close the deal on a very lightly used, single owner 1972 6" nickle Colt Python. Can't wait to enjoy it too. Thanks!
    Kholster/Glock 17/Rugar SR9c/Bersa 380CC/Ruger LCR/SW 624/ SW 629
    Doublestar Star 15 M4 5.56 / Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader

I don't even call it violence when it's in self defense; I call it intelligence
    Malcolm X

Heres my EDC my newly modified(I had the hammer bobbed) colt cobra with it's Kramer pocket holster.

I joined the snubbie club last week with a S & W 642 and pocket holster. I have a Browning BDA380, but after getting my CC license I decided I wanted something easier to hide. So far I'm liking the revolver. I just need to shoot it more to increase my accuracy. The only problem is finding ammo these days. I luckily got 2 boxes when I bought the gun, but everyone has been out of stock since my purchase. I've been shooting sparingly till I can stock up.

VIP Member
    I currently have three snubbies, all which were inherited, two from my Dad....S&W M66 2-1/2" barrel, and a j frame 342Ti. The other was my Uncles gun, a colt detective special made in 1960. I was at the range today shooting the K-frame, the Det. Special, and my python, the det. special seems to have an issue with its cylinder. I was shooting Winchester brass ammo and every other cylinder it would stop rotationg when the trigger was pressed. I left it with the smith at the shop to see if he could figure it out. It's happened before, but with cheap ammo. hope its nothing serious as I love this little gun, just put a tyler t-grip on that made it really comfortable to shoot.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    Well, in this neck of the woods just a year ago I coud buy a good condition Detective for half of that and there were plenty to choose from. Pythons, Diamondbacks, Boas, yeah they were pretty high but the poor Detectives seemed to be in large numbers around here with lower prices......
    Around here they've all been high for the last three years or so. I hope you were able to get one at the lower price if you wanted one.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Links