The Superduper Snubbie thread

This is a discussion on The Superduper Snubbie thread within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Fred I won't argue with people who brag on their PM9 Kahrs. I guess in a way it fills the same niche. ...

Page 31 of 97 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
Like Tree556Likes

Thread: The Superduper Snubbie thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I won't argue with people who brag on their PM9 Kahrs. I guess in a way it fills the same niche. I would buy one if I was as certain of getting one with no problems as I am with my 642.

Bingo. I have several acquaintances with these, who like to say they have never had a problem with theirs, etc. Okay, I ask... Just exactly HOW much have you shot it?

Then they start squirming.

I'm with you. Those little Moonie guns are neat and slim; but I've carried a J frame of one sort or another as back-up/off duty for over 30 years.

A good read for anyone on the fence about which action type to get is Ed Lovette's book "The Snubby". The snubby excels at fighting from "The Hole"; another term for extreme close quarters.

2. Remove Ads

cool

Guns dont kill people. people kill people
    Μολὼν λαβέ

The Kahr PM9s are excellent-feeling little pieces, but when I fired a friend's I found it extremely difficult to keep on target. I'm sticking with my snubby.
    A man without a blackthorn stick is a man without an expedient. - Irish Proverb

Why so SERIOUS?

What is happening to me? I was an Auto guy and my last two purchases have been an SP 101 .357 mag 2 1/4 DAO and a S&W 642 for the wife... Great guns, I am carrying my revo more than my .45....
    G21SF, G30, G36, Ruger SP101 DAO, S&W 642

My SP 101 is the only thing that gets me to leave my .45 at home.
    We can't stop here...this is bat country.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Res Ipsa Loquitur

S&W Model 60

I carry a S&W Model 60, .357 Magnum, in either a pocket holster or IWB holster.

I like the Model 60 for the versatility of using .38 Special, .38 Special +P, and .357 Magnum cartridges.

You can't call yourself a gun guy (or gal) if you don't know how to run a revolver.
    heatherr855 and 45ACP4ever like this.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I've carried a MK40 Elite98 for years with NO ISSUES, have thousands of rounds through it without jams or FTFs... can't bad mouth the Kahrs at all they are a fine firearm... but I too find myself carrying the snubbie more often than any other. Recently picked up an ankle holster to go with my other OPTIONS....

IWB TUCKABLE gets a lot of use...

light weight pocket hoslter

another pocket holster (this was my first attempt at making one)

And my first snubbie... the SP101 in 9mm with the moon clips and fiber optic front sight...
    45ACP4ever likes this.
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

New Armscor

I picked up a new Armscor 206 yesterday at a gun show in Fredericksburg, VA. Here it is with my Kel-Tecs:

I plan to take it to the range tomorrow during lunch and put 50 or 100 rounds through it. Since I haven't shot a revolver in years, I'm really looking forward to it. I also wrote up the purchase:
    Armscor 206 | Richmond Guns

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prvt. Toter View Post
    I've carried a MK40 Elite98 for years with NO ISSUES, have thousands of rounds through it without jams or FTFs... can't bad mouth the Kahrs at all they are a fine firearm... but I too find myself carrying the snubbie more often than any other. Recently picked up an ankle holster to go with my other OPTIONS....

IWB TUCKABLE gets a lot of use...

This holster is really nice and appears to be very thin and concealable.
    BTW: Who makes this thing?
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

.45 ACP vs. .357 magnum

Quote Originally Posted by Stealie View Post
    My SP 101 is the only thing that gets me to leave my .45 at home.
    My G30 SF is at Glock for a checkup (it is my EDC), so my SP101 is te gate keeper now. I tell you, this gun is awesome and a lot less bulky than my G30SF.
    I unleashed some Doubletap 125 gr .357 mag loads out of it yesterday and Man, was I in for a treat! My G21SF after shooting that felt like a .22! In addition, the Double tap rounds were considerably more accurate than other range .357 mag loads I also used...
    G21SF, G30, G36, Ruger SP101 DAO, S&W 642

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    This holster is really nice and appears to be very thin and concealable.
    BTW: Who makes this thing?
    Regards,
    Thanks for the coments...

This was my First attempt at an IWB tuckable... I intended it to be for Appendix carry, but for me it works better at the 4:00 position.. and it it THIN... it is made of 4-5 oz leather with an extra layer at the mouth to reinforce it a bit, it is also hard formed so it retains the firearm well...It has a high back on it to protect the gun from body sweat and I routinely wear it under a t- shirt. I could not find what I wanted from a maker so I made my own... Still working on the edge treatments and designs.. This one was hand sewn, but I did pick up a nice HEAVY DUTY sewing machine to handle my next one... Someday I might even put of few of these out for others to try. So far I have only made for friends and family and one local gunshop owner...

If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

Well, this is my first snubbie. This is a 37-2 with a nickle finish that is flawless. I love how light it is. I think I will be carrying this piece a lot. I am planning on adding a T-grip and adding a bobbed hammer.

Be polite, be professional, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
    In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
    Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is one you lose.

Slow down, Denny. Your third post and you come out with this. Very nice and I agree with a Bob and a T-grip. That nickle finish is sweet.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Heres my newest snubbie a S&W M&P340 this thing is a blast to shoot I love this thing.

Links