The Superduper Snubbie thread - Page 36

The Superduper Snubbie thread

This is a discussion on The Superduper Snubbie thread within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is my favorite snub. S&W 342PD AirLite. ( Sorry for the crappy looking photography)...

Page 36 of 100 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
Like Tree697Likes

Thread: The Superduper Snubbie thread

Here is my favorite snub. S&W 342PD AirLite. ( Sorry for the crappy looking photography)

For everyone following this thread, you should be checking out Michael de Bethencourt's snub blog for great snub tips.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Administrator
    Thats a good link, thanks for adding it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thread raises from the dead one more time.

Here is my newly acquired addition to the snubbie world.
    Attached Images
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

A K-frame snub for every occasion

L -> R : Model 12, Nickel Model 10, 3" Model 10

NRA Life Member

I picked up a S&W 642 with Crimson trace sight at the Charlotte gun show two weeks ago. My first snubby. Shot 50 rounds of .38 spl and 2 wheels worth of 125 gr. Gold Dot +P. I was very happy with how it shoots - accurate.

I've been carrying it in a leather pocket holster loaded with the Gold Dots. I'm going to pick up a couple of Speed/Quick Strips to go with it.

My Wife's New Best Friend:

It has been interesting to watch my wife learn and grow into a gun enthusiast. Late last fall I posted here about her first firearm, a pink and nickel Walther P22. This was all the gun she wanted to handle at the time, but that soon changed. She decided this last January to move up to a Bersa 380CC to compliment her newly acquired LTCH. Now, here we are a few short months later and she decided that she needs more stopping power. (Don't you just love to see it when people "get it".)

This past Friday, my wife and headed to Granger Guns to let her handle just about every small firearm in the store. She went into the store thinking that she wanted a new M&P9c, but after much deliberation she decided on the new Ruger LCR revolver. (I was so proud.) Why did she choose the Ruger LCR? It is lightweight, powerful, concealable and most of all dependable. In short, she chose it for all the right reasons. I love my wife!

The first trip to the range came on Saturday morning. My wife was astonished at the increased recoil over her Bersa 380, but she felt that it was quite manageable. Of the three people who shot her new LCR, my wife was by far the most accurate with it. She really mastered the DAO trigger staging needed to accurately shoot a snubby revolver. Something my buddy and I just could not seem to do with the little time she allowed us on the LCR.

The long and the short of it is she loves the new LCR and already feels that she is better protected by carrying it.
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

C/O
    Here is my snubbie, it now has Altamont Silver/Black inserts.

If I had $119 to blow on the J frame...

Andean Alders by Esmerelda
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

My interest in snubbies began on Rollo's thread about .38 vs .357. It ended on this thread. The Superduper Snubbie Thread must be bumped, so here is the snubbie that I think I want.
    Last edited by zacii; October 2nd, 2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: added link for other thread
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I usually carry my 3" barreled CA "Bulldog in .44 S&W Special. This well made revolver (1991 vintage) will "stop the action" when called upon.

I occasionally will slip my CA "Undercoverette" in .32 H&R Magnum into my back pocket when stepping outside at night.

Scott

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    Sixto -- you are probably correct. The gun was fairly high dollar. 'twas worth every penny, however. Over the years I've had just about every popular revolver made. Traded or sold them all. This one is going to stay. The gun is just perfect!! The only drawback is that it is a 5 round pistol. My Colt Detective Special used to be my favorite with 6 round capacity but only a .38 Special. The 340 will take it all ----- and isn't that bad with .357 loads.
    I think M&P 340 was worth every penny as well. I got it for 650.00 & tax used. It wasn't a scratch or wear mark on it anywhere. The sales person at the gunshop said an ole man bought it and didn't like the recoil. He traded it in on something else. I love this thing.
    SCGunLover1

Quote Originally Posted by scgunlover1 View Post
    I think M&P 340 was worth every penny as well. I got it for 650.00 & tax used. It wasn't a scratch or wear mark on it anywhere. The sales person at the gunshop said an ole man bought it and didn't like the recoil. He traded it in on something else. I love this thing.
    I love mine.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Administrator
    Guy's, dont get me wrong, the 340 is an excellent choice and I'd love to own one. Just for my purpose and use of a snub, its a bit spendy. A 442 or 642 suits me fine for a lot less.
    "Just blame Sixto"

i understand where you are coming from Sixto. I "just wanted one", I found a deal considerably less expensive than the retail every where else and jumped on it. For the average snubbie carrier the 442/642 is more than adequate, and a fine CCW weapon.

Links