The Superduper Snubbie thread - Page 45

The Superduper Snubbie thread

This is a discussion on The Superduper Snubbie thread within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This thread just keeps crawling ou tof the grave...Love it....

Page 45 of 105 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
Like Tree886Likes

Thread: The Superduper Snubbie thread

This thread just keeps crawling ou tof the grave...Love it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    My only wheel gun that I had to buy after viewing threads like this on another forum. This little bugger is my BUG to my Smith and Wessons.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

SP101

Picked this up for my better half (been wanting on for awhile). Couldn't resist taking off all the hard edges and polishing it up a bit.

This thing surprised both of us on how it shoots. It did just as well as my GP100 and seems easier than the SW442. The 357's were easy on the hands and 38+P's were a dream.

It rides in a pancake style holster from Simply Rugged.

Zero,
    that is a beautiful job you've done on that stainless! Please tell me how you did it. I just got one and I want to do the same thing.
    CinSC

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Picked this up for my better half (been wanting on for awhile). Couldn't resist taking off all the hard edges and polishing it up a bit.
    Putting a radius on the edges of the trigger made all the difference in the world, mine is a much better shooter because of that alone!

Quote Originally Posted by cinsc View Post
    Zero,
    that is a beautiful job you've done on that stainless! Please tell me how you did it. I just got one and I want to do the same thing.
    CinSC
    Search TheHighRoad.US - Powered by vBulletin or maybe Ruger Forum | Ruger Forum for Ruger Guns Firearms Classifieds for "polish"

Short answer is a terry towel and Flitz or Mother's Mag Wheel Polish. Searches will reveal other ways, some faster and/or more thorough, but the terry towel and Mother's Mag Polish does a really good job.

To radius the trigger, I used some small (smaller than pencil diameter) files to break off the edges, progressively finer sandpaper (maybe220 or so to 800 or so), and a little polishing.

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post

This thing surprised both of us on how it shoots. It did just as well as my GP100 and seems easier than the SW442. The 357's were easy on the hands and 38+P's were a dream.

It rides in a pancake style holster from Simply Rugged.
    That is a sweet looking gun....Very nice.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Thanks for the complements. She is so SMOOTH, inside and out. No sharp edges anywhere except the top texture on the hammer.

I removed metal incrementally with wet/dry sandpaper (no water) and files. The polishing was a dremel and some compound. It is pretty easy, just takes time and patience. As DistantHorizon mentioned the Ruger Forum has pointers as well as many other places, and yes Mother's Mag Polish does do a really good job.

A few years back I did a melt job on my GP100 and got a lot advice from a few helpful moderators in here. It is still a brushed satin that is super easy to clean with a scotch bright pad.

I did hone a few of the internal parts to smooth up the trigger considerably.

Honestly I had been wanting to get that gun just to melt and polish it (don't tell the wife that). Just remember what you take off you can't put back on.

Last edited by jwfm; March 19th, 2010 at 01:27 AM. Reason: first picture was just a little tooooo big
    -Jim

Thanks, Zero and DH. I'll do the search.
    I have seen other polished Rugers, but never one that looked as good as Zero's. Maybe he's just good with the camera. ;) Whatever the case; nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by cinsc View Post
    Thanks, Zero and DH. I'll do the search.
    I have seen other polished Rugers, but never one that looked as good as Zero's. Maybe he's just good with the camera. ;) Whatever the case; nice work!
    Maybe it's partly the camera, but both the polish work and the melt job sure do look Outstanding.

Here is my Taurus 85UL stainless
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

JEH
    I just took the plunge. I got my first snubbie, a S&W 442

This is a good thread and I hope that it keeps on going. There are some very nice snubbies represented here. Mine is not so nice. Mine is a very early Charter Arms Undercover .38 Special made in Bridgeport, Conn. Not much finish left on it and I have had to replace the grips. The Galco ankle holster is pretty well worn, too. I always carry this as a back up to my Glock or PF-9. It is a great shooter and has served me well over the years.

Gotta love the snubbies, keep 'em comin' guys!

Smith & Wesson Mod. 640, pre-lock, in good company.

Sponsored Links