The Superduper Snubbie thread - Page 6

The Superduper Snubbie thread

This is a discussion on The Superduper Snubbie thread within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; this 617 I bought for my wife. She loves it....

Page 6 of 99 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Like Tree673Likes

Thread: The Superduper Snubbie thread

this 617 I bought for my wife. She loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieP View Post
    Is that a Model 15, the 2nd from the bottom on the right?
    That's an early 1950s Military & Police 2-inch, a model which later became the Model 10.

I sometimes miss my 340PD. Damn ILs.

Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I've got a pair of Ruger SP 101, one has the bobbed hammer , the other is the standard hammer. I've got Concealco IWB and also Mika pocket holster for them. I've also got a nickle Colt Detective Special and a Charter Arms Under cover in stainless. I'm think about adding a S&W Airweight to the collection in the near future.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I guess that answers that!

I've always been interested in the Bulldogs... I really like the 44 spc, even though it has become an oddball. Does it pocket carry comfy?
    SIXTO, for the most part I find the Bulldog very comfortable as a pocket carry. It's not as comfy as carrying the Colt Mustang, but it is also bigger and more powerful.

The only real difficulty I have with the Bulldog in the pocket relates to bending over to pick up something from the floor. I carry it in the right front pocket and I end up sort of stepping forward with the left leg and so that the right hip stays mostly straight and the left knee bends. I am 60 years old and many of my peers do that anyway so no one notices. Younger people might of might not be able to pull it off. Of course a pocket about 3/4" deeper would help. In my Dockers the grips are just a fraction of an inch below the pocket opening. Other pants might have a deeper pocket.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

xdzrgr8 said:

this 617 I bought for my wife. She loves it.
    Is the finish on that Taurus called "Bright Spectrum blue", or something like that? I remember reading an article on Taurus some years back and seeing a photo of a .44 Special snub whose finish looked just like that. I really wanted that gun, but I don't think they make it anymore.

I thought that the rather iridescent, "now you see it, now you don't" look of the light blue was very eye-catching and chic.

No photos, but sometimes carry an SP101 (3.06" barrel) .357 mag. I originally bought it as a Tackle Box Gun but it's accuracy & durability soon earned it a place in my CCW options. Also have a 2" S&W 12-2 (M&P) Lightweight .38 spl. (RB). But it was my father's (never carried) house gun & is in such wonderful condition that it's now officially a family heirloom tucked away in the safe.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Are there a lot of grips avialable for the Taurus'? Someone point me in the right way.
    God Bless America!!

Do not mean to mess up the tread but..Can someone tell me the difference between Smith-Wesson .38+P and the 38 super?

Senior Moderator
    .38+P is a standard .38 Spl round that is loaded to increased pressure (to obtain a higher velocity)

.38 Super is a Automatic Pistol round developed in the 1920's see link Click Here
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Defensive and offensive snubbie...

Quote Originally Posted by Derrin33 View Post
    Are there a lot of grips avialable for the Taurus'? Someone point me in the right way.
    I had an 850 a while back and researched different stocks as the sotck rubber ones didn't fit my hand well... Hogue and Eagle make real nice ones. I opted for a set of stocks that come on thier fancy models. They were rosewood colored laminate, they were cheap but looked good. I got them off an obscure website and I'm glad I can't remember because I DONT recommend them. They were kinda thick and weren't properly relieved for a speed loader. Of all the stocks I've seen and read up on you want Eagle Grip Secret Service stocks. They come in rosewood and ebony(real wood), checkerd or smooth and are designed to be functional and good looking check out the sight Styles - Secret Service They will cost some $ but they are worth it IMHO.
    In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

Rights are like muscles: If you don't excersise them they slowly disappear.

Administrator
    Those bead blasted Gemeni Sp101 have got to be the best looking snubs out there.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Indeed they are SIXTO...only mine is a GP100 three inch barrel Gemini bead blasted.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgfvr View Post
    Indeed they are SIXTO...only mine is a GP100 three inch barrel Gemini bead blasted.
    yeah it is... Still looks good though; I like the 101's too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 6 of 99 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Links