The Superduper Snubbie thread

This is a discussion on The Superduper Snubbie thread within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Haystacker I'll help. 'Cause you could wear it in your pocket? I can wear my 437 in my pocket. I need something ...

Page 61 of 94 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Like Tree423Likes

Thread: The Superduper Snubbie thread

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haystacker View Post
    I'll help. 'Cause you could wear it in your pocket?
    I can wear my 437 in my pocket. I need something else LOL
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    I can wear my 437 in my pocket. I need something else LOL
    You can fire it from your pocket.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    SOLD! lol
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I carry a S&W 649 fitted with Hogue Kingwood checkered grips. Pocket carry in the summer using cargo shorts and a desantis nemesis and in cooler temps...OWB Don Hume JIT holster. If I'm on my Harley the pocket holster goes in my inside pocket of my riding jacket.
    Attached Images

Here's an older M-442 that I did some whittling on. Chopped a quarter-inch off the butt, and 'semi-Fitzed' (in reference to the Fitz Special of yore) the trigger guard to ease access to the trigger when drawing from a pocket. I also radically rounded and smoothed the trigger- a REAL milled trigger, not the current MIM part.

What you see here is the roughed out job, prior to polishing and refinishing. The revolver has since been Black T'ed, and is a delightful pocket carry BUG.

Attached Images

Here's the finished project. The shortened butt really makes a difference in pants with shallow pockets, such as Dockers.

Its three ounces heavier than the M-342 its pictured alongside, but the 342's butt peeks out of my 'summerweight' work trousers (Dockers, usually.) In cooler weather I wear 5.11 pants, which have sufficiently deep pockets.

P.S.: Oops... that's an M-640 in this set of photos. The M-342 is shown in the other set.

Attached Images
    Last edited by LSP972; February 9th, 2011 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Correction

FWIW, I have been carrying a J-frame, in one form or another, as a back-up/off duty piece for over 30 years; much of that pocket carry.

This is, hands down, the most comfortable and efficient pocket holster I've found yet; and i've tried just about all of them.

You have to specify single thickness leather; but you have to try it to understand just how comfortable, unobtrusive, yet instantly accessible it is.

http://www.rkbaholsters.com/

Attached Images

That holster looks sweet! I may just have to pick one up at that price. One can never have too many holster options. Do you think I should go for the hammerless or hammer version with a 649?

I have seven J Frames, usually carrying a 642 or 640. I have ordered one of the holsters. It looks very well made and I have found that different holsters fit better in certain pants. Never have too many. One of my pet peeves is that people think all pocket carrying is done in a cheap holster. I have thought out and have developed a logical and safe carry system, with as much forethought as have those who carry on the belt.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Personally I like now the Desantis feels in my pocket. A bit softer and no "bulge" on my thigh...HOWEVER I have found that since my 649 is heavier than most j frames it slides around a little in the holster. This may not happen with lighter j frames but does with mine...

...so I am looking for a leather molded style pocket holster which is why the RKBA above caught my eye. My gun fits like a glove in my Don Hume OWB holster which is what I want for a pants packet. Anyone have any additional recos??

I'm sure I'll still use the Desantis in my Harley jacket pocket for comfort...since it will always be upright and against my ribs. Lord forbid I ever need to dump the bike but if I do I want something as soft as possible against my ribs! LOL

Hey LSP972....sent you a PM with a few questions. Hope you don't mind! Thanks for any help you can give me.

Quote Originally Posted by zip777 View Post
    Hey LSP972....sent you a PM with a few questions. Hope you don't mind! Thanks for any help you can give me.
    No problem at all. I just replied... if you need more amplification, ask away.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Here's the finished project. The shortened butt really makes a difference in pants with shallow pockets, such as Dockers.

Its three ounces heavier than the M-342 its pictured alongside, but the 342's butt peeks out of my 'summerweight' work trousers (Dockers, usually.) In cooler weather I wear 5.11 pants, which have sufficiently deep pockets.

P.S.: Oops... that's an M-640 in this set of photos. The M-342 is shown in the other set.

Hate to sound so ignorant but could you explain "blacked"?
    Thanks
    Jeff
    NRA Life Member, Holster Maker
    www.haysholsters.com

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Here's an older M-442 that I did some whittling on. Chopped a quarter-inch off the butt, and 'semi-Fitzed' (in reference to the Fitz Special of yore) the trigger guard to ease access to the trigger when drawing from a pocket. I also radically rounded and smoothed the trigger- a REAL milled trigger, not the current MIM part.

What you see here is the roughed out job, prior to polishing and refinishing. The revolver has since been Black T'ed, and is a delightful pocket carry BUG.

VERY impressive! I have never seen that done but the finished product looks great. Where did you get the idea for it or was it an original design?

Quote Originally Posted by Haystacker View Post
    Hate to sound so ignorant but could you explain "blacked"?
    Thanks
    Jeff
    Black T is a re-finish process that is, without question, one of the best after-market finishes available; ever. Not trying to be a weisenheimer, but Google it for details. It is quite involved and well-known. I have several pistols done with it, one that has been carried extensively since 1992.

Links